Christian Benteke

Kwan

Really annoying this is, Man Utd are at huge risk of dropping like a stone now in my opinion. You don't lose a Manager as ingrained as Fergie without having an adverse effect

Nah.  Even a twunt like McLeish could get a team with van Persie, Fellaini and Vidic in it to be top 4.

Oh sure he should be fine short term, it'll be in a season or two when it hits home ... Don't get me wrong it may not happen but there is a chance it could, to what extent who knows?

There is no way that Villa will let Benteke go in January. I get a feeling that Villa have reached an argeement with Benteke that any bids over around 30mil in the summer, we will not stand in the way of him leaving.

I doubt there's a figure. How could we possibly justify that, not knowing how the guy would fare this season. If we told him he could go for anything over £30m, then he managed to score 35 goals this season, and finish top scorer in the world cup, we'd look like absolute morons, and he'd be away on the cheap. I'm sure there's a gentlemans agreement there, but I strongly doubt we were silly enough to go mentioning figures

• Like 2

Its unsettling, but at least it shows that people are sitting up and taking notice of us.

I think its more a case of people are sitting up and taking notice of Benteke, not AVFC. Saying that alot of my pals have been saying ahh you lot have started alright and played well, albeit in a patronising tone. rocket polishers.

I dont believe those paper stories anyway but i do believe CB will be on a lot of managers wishlist, not jus David Moyes'. Hes an amazing player, i just hope I can wear my 20 Benteke home shirt beyond January next year pfffftttt :/

This bit in bold but not the bit about patronising rocket polishers! I'm in Laaaaandan so you know what fans round here are like but most people I know sincerely think Villa have really improved, think we'll be okay and like what we are doing with a young squad.

I wouldn't go as far as to say people are 'sitting up and taking notice' but I think people are looking at Villa and making this face

obamanotbad.jpg

There is no way that Villa will let Benteke go in January. I get a feeling that Villa have reached an argeement with Benteke that any bids over around 30mil in the summer, we will not stand in the way of him leaving.

I dunno, wait until 31st Jan and flog him to a desperate club for £40m would be okay with me

When you have a player who is 'too good' for your team, then he is always going to be linked to 'better' sides. It's quite funny really, as I wondered how long it would be before United went back to their old transfer policy of bullying teams beneath them for their players, as they can't attract them from the big teams.

This of course could be mere tabloid bulls***, but this is not all that unlikely IMO, especially now with a relatively unknown manager World football-wise like Moyes in charge.

Lets just hope that CB has a great season for us, and a storming WC next summer, then goes to Madrid for £60m

Benteke looks like he's going to have another great season, the way he's started he could easily outshine last season. I think he will be top scorer, or very close. His value is going to be 40m plus, if a bidding war starts it could be more. .....

Benteke looks like he's going to have another great season, the way he's started he could easily outshine last season. I think he will be top scorer, or very close. His value is going to be 40m plus, if a bidding war starts it could be more. .....

Personally I don't think he's hit form yet this season.

• Like 1

I'd agree with that in a big way.

• Like 1

He has three goals already, but let's not forget two of them were penalties (or at least a rebound from a penalty). We won't get a penalty every single game (unfortunately) :)

The goal against Chelsea was world-class, only Van Persie, Ronaldo and a select few others could have come up with that. So talk about him being topscorer and worth 40-50M already is pretty dull in my opinion, a month ago he was worth something like 25M and if Spurs bid that we probably would have sold? At least that was the going rate on here and in the media.

If he has a brilliant season and reaches 20 goals in the league, we can get something like 35M for him. But 50? Forget it. A long way from shining at a club no-one notices compared to Cavani and Falcao in the Champions League, who went for those sums mentioned.

Yes, he'd need to be tearing it up in the champions league for a club to offer £50m. Liverpool couldn't get that much for Suarez and Man U couldn't get that for Rooney, even Ozil, one of the best attacking mids on the planet was only £43m.

We will turn down offers in the Jan window but will probably cash in at about £30-35m in the summer.

I'd agree with that in a big way.

Also agreed, he hasnt actually been playing that well.

"We'll probably cash in for £35 million?"..."£50 million forget it?" etc.

Some of the statements one reads around here - written as if they were fact - make me chuckle.

If Benteke goes he goes for the price Aston Villa value him at.  If suitors don't meet the valuation then he simply stays at Villa Park. Villa are completely in the driving seat, not The Daily Mirror, not some nobodies on Twitter etc.  I do wish you good folk would simply ignore the nonsense written about Benteke and just enjoy what's taking shape at Villa Park.  Let's see where we are come May.

"We'll probably cash in for £35 million?"..."£50 million forget it?" etc.

Some of the statements one reads around here - written as if they were fact - make me chuckle.

If Benteke goes he goes for the price Aston Villa value him at.  If suitors don't meet the valuation then he simply stays at Villa Park. Villa are completely in the driving seat, not The Daily Mirror, not some nobodies on Twitter etc.  I do wish you good folk would simply ignore the nonsense written about Benteke and just enjoy what's taking shape at Villa Park.  Let's see where we are come May.

Villa aren't in the driving seat though. For starters, he's probably been given assurances he can leave next summer and that's why he signed a new deal. We've seen it time and time again at Villa and other clubs, when a players head has been turned it's very hard to keep them. If Benteke wants to leave and Villa are refusing offers of £30m+ it'll be about 5 minutes before he's spouting to the press, going on strike and handing in transfer requests. Then we have an 'asset' that disrupts the team, adds no value to the squad and actually starts decreasing in value. The nature of modern football puts the players in the driving seat far more than ever before. We'll sell and if we can get over £30m we'll probably have done quite well.

But for now, let's just enjoy having a top quality player banging in the goals for us! 

Â