Christian Benteke

Kwan

A bidding war between Arsenal and Man U would be perfect for us, both have their egos bruised and require backing from their owners, FWIW iI think he will go for 45-50m. Just hope we get a decent replacement sorted well before it all kicks off

A bidding war between Arsenal and Man U would be perfect for us, both have their egos bruised and require backing from their owners, FWIW iI think he will go for 45-50m. Just hope we get a decent replacement sorted well before it all kicks off

Hope so - it would be the first step in our Dortmund model to sell a player for that amount then rebuild again with higher quality

The window has only just closed and he's already being linked with a move. It's so frustrating.

I can see Moyes spending big in January but I'm hoping Benteke (and his agent) are focusing on the World Cup.

I'd laugh if Moyes came out now and said it a load of rubbish and that all journo's are predictable shit-stirrers.

But, lets face it, we've got one of the biggest talents in the Prem at the moment and we're going to be attracting interest left, right and centre. Its unsettling, but at least it shows that people are sitting up and taking notice of us. Who knows, if we're holding our own by January, CB might want to give us till the summer to see how it pans out?  

If he goes in January we will get stupid money for him, and I mean Bale stupid.

Pretty sure he won't go in January, especially not to be back up to RVP 6 months before the World Cup and give Lukaku a chance to dislodge him from the Belgium team.

he would never risk his place in belgium so close to the worldcup. also the bondscoach has told everyone to take no risktransfers until the worldcup.

Agreed, that's why I always thought he could stay when he put in his transfer request, although that was an extremely small thought at the time :)

BTW BG, is Benteke's brother meant to be any good? Although he's only in the Belgian Second Division, is there any sort of hype around him? I think it's obvious he won't be as good as our own CB, but he does have the DNA of a football God.

hmm u never know how a player will develop but he doesn't have the potential of christian obviously at the moment he  isn't good enough for any premier league club but if u see what progress christian made in 1 year it isnt a stupid idea to sign his brother who knows how he will progress. let him train in the 2nd team. but like all other examples he has the mentally weight of expection on his back because he is the brother of christian. 

Its unsettling, but at least it shows that people are sitting up and taking notice of us.

I think its more a case of people are sitting up and taking notice of Benteke, not AVFC. Saying that alot of my pals have been saying ahh you lot have started alright and played well, albeit in a patronising tone. rocket polishers.

I dont believe those paper stories anyway but i do believe CB will be on a lot of managers wishlist, not jus David Moyes'. Hes an amazing player, i just hope I can wear my 20 Benteke home shirt beyond January next year pfffftttt :/

I thought we had seen the back of this until at least December, sadly not. Oh well, the papers can print what they like, they were busy telling us he was off to Spurs right and that he wouldn't show for training until the day he turned up and signed a new deal.

He will go sooner or later I'm sure, he is good enough to be at a club like United but one thing is for certain I'm not going to worry about what various rags print in the meantime.

it would take seriously insane money to get him in january, and he'd have to be guaranteed football before the world cup or he wouldn't go. the kind of serioulsy insane money that Lambert could buy half a team with!

they'd have to change style to fit him in, rooney would have to play wide or in midfield for a start if played. van persie you'd think would play off him, still though I don't think he'd be guaranteed a start.

Yep he'd have to be guaranteed starter in the United team and we'd get 50m for him.

Luckily though he won't go in January it will most likely by summer by which time there will be a bidding war and we'll probably get in the region of 40-55m for him :D

Really annoying this is, Man Utd are at huge risk of dropping like a stone now in my opinion. You don't lose a Manager as ingrained as Fergie without having an adverse effect

Nah.  Even a twunt like McLeish could get a team with van Persie, Fellaini and Vidic in it to be top 4.

Â