Christian Benteke

Kwan

I like the bit where it states that Spurs will have to find sponsors to help fund the deal :)

They are in a bit of a bind really, we are holding firm on price, Valencia are doing the same. To raise the funds they need to sell bale for a stupid sum of money, but that will mean they will get taken to the cleaners in terms of price for a striker, before Bale goes they don't have the cash, after Bale goes the price is double. Everyone can see they are desperate for a striker and so when they enter negotiations for one the prices are high due to their obvious need, add Bale money in the mix and they aren't going ot get any sort of recognised name this summer without paying an arm and a leg.

Goodness, If i were Benteke and i'd been told by Spurs to hand in a transfer request (speculation i know) and then they don't bid for me i'd be damn pissed at Spurs!

Most sensible people would feel like this too,  I hope we keep Benteke, he has a storming season again and we sell him to PSG/Real for £40m.  he's damaged that bond he had but i wouldn't boo him, don't think i've ever boo'd a player in a villa shirt.  Not even Hutton/Ireland.

• Like 1

Goodness, If i were Benteke and i'd been told by Spurs to hand in a transfer request (speculation i know) and then they don't bid for me i'd be damn pissed at Spurs!

Most sensible people would feel like this too, I hope we keep Benteke, he has a storming season again and we sell him to PSG/Real for £40m. he's damaged that bond he had but i wouldn't boo him, don't think i've ever boo'd a player in a villa shirt. Not even Hutton/Ireland.

Why would you have booed Hutton?

Silly article with no quotes saying Tekkers will try his best for Villa.

Pointless articles really. Anyhoo. If it is the case.. again i ask.. will he ask for a new contract? If we offered 40-50k a week.. im sure he wont want to stay on his 20k. I would imagine he will ask for a release clause.. we will insist on 40 million. He has a good season and world cup he is free to go once clause is met.

If spurs have to sell anyone to enable them to sign Benteke and I think it is a fairly sizeable if, it will be Adebayor not Bale.

I think the reasoning is that Spurs may not have a choice if Bales head is turned-In much the same situation as us with Benteke.

As TRO said earlier,the likleyhood is that Spurs will be keeping Benteke (via his agent) updated throughout this process.

IMO the selling of Bale would be the kiss of death on any hopes we had of keeping hold of Benteke.

Probably yes. But if I was a footballer and I wanted to be in the chase for Champions League, I would think twice about joining a Spurs team that have just lost Gareth Bale.

Say they get £60m for him and spend £30m of that on Benteke. They still need to replace Bale. It'll cost a good £20-30m for an adequate replacement and I just can't see Spurs spending £77m in one transfer window.

i personally hope he stays too, apparently reported to have been 'chilling' with his good friend silla this week - who knows maybe he will be the convincer to keep him at the club?

Spurs need at least TWO strikers as it is, so this means nothing with regards Benteke to my mind. Of all the clubs in the top half of the table, Spurs have the worst attack (Defoe and Adebayor), that's truly dire at any level

I'm sure they're after at least two maybe even three

Spurs need at least TWO strikers as it is, so this means nothing with regards Benteke to my mind. Of all the clubs in the top half of the table, Spurs have the worst attack (Defoe and Adebayor), that's truly dire at any level

I'm sure they're after at least two maybe even three

Being as they cant afford to put a good enough bid in for one of them, do you think they can afford to buy both Benteke and Soldado?

Â