Christian Benteke

Kwan

its funny Benteke has no clue of english he only knows yes no and maybe xD

He can speak a bit, I remember Sky Sports getting him in his car the day he signed.  He said something like "I scored for Belgium and now I want to do that to Aston Villa"

Really hoping he doesn't speak English well enough to mean that :P .

Daily Star: Tottenham make £20m move for Valencia striker Roberto Soldado

Valencia have already rejected an initial £17m offer for Soldado and insist they will not even discuss a deal until his full £30m release clause is met.

The Spanish club have even offered him a big pay rise to stay – but Starsport understands he could double his wages by joining Andre Villas-Boas’ side.

Valencia president Amadeo Salvo confirmed he had received a new bid from Tottenham.

But he added: “The English team knows the situation. Valencia needs money. But we don’t have to sell our best player.”

Spurs hope a deal can be struck, especially as Valencia have been forced to search for a sponsor to help fund the new deal they’ve offered Soldado.

The player is set to meet club officials on Monday to discuss his future.

Edited by packoman

Goodness, If i were Benteke and i'd been told by Spurs to hand in a transfer request (speculation i know) and then they don't bid for me i'd be damn pissed at Spurs!

Edited by KjParton
  • Like 1

Daily Star: Tottenham make £20m move for Valencia striker Roberto Soldado

Valencia have already rejected an initial £17m offer for Soldado and insist they will not even discuss a deal until his full £30m release clause is met.

The Spanish club have even offered him a big pay rise to stay – but Starsport understands he could double his wages by joining Andre Villas-Boas’ side.

Valencia president Amadeo Salvo confirmed he had received a new bid from Tottenham.

But he added: “The English team knows the situation. Valencia needs money. But we don’t have to sell our best player.”

Spurs hope a deal can be struck, especially as Valencia have been forced to search for a sponsor to help fund the new deal they’ve offered Soldado.

The player is set to meet club officials on Monday to discuss his future.

What the hell are Spuds playing at? 

Either that or its mind games & they think it will force Villa's hand by looking like they have changed target as in us not wanting to keep an unhappy player so we lower the fee or something?  More likely the story is just press BS mind.

I hope Spurs can find the money for him.

It won't be the same cheering goals scored by a player who you know doesn't want to be here. I'd much rather be fully behind helenius or whoever Lambert brings in to replace Benteke.

You'd rather sell our best player to SPURS than have a 6 ft 3 goal machine in the team who politely requested that he be given the opportunity to transfer to another club willing to pay a monster transfer fee. I don't understand this thinking.

surely that would work in our favour.. why would Benteke get the shits at us.. they don't value him enough and moved on.. after farking with his situation. Could be that they have given up and Benteke will stay another season so Spurs moved on? Unlikely but you never know.

I love how they lowball for players expecting clubs to accept such derisory bids.

They are just adopting what they see as a wearing down process.

The thing is Spurs must have briefed Benteke as to what they are doing otherwise he would be kicking off by now.

Don't hold out any hope he wants off.....and wants to be in London.

They are just adopting what they see as a wearing down process.

The thing is Spurs must have briefed Benteke as to what they are doing otherwise he would be kicking off by now.

Don't hold out any hope he wants off.....and wants to be in London.

I thought they'd been in for Soldado for a while so if anything, maybe Benteke was just another option and Levy told Kismet to hand a transfer request in to try and bring our asking price down. Didn't work so they move back to other targets within their budget, makes sense to be honest.

For a team in desperate need of a striker, I very much doubt they have just one target in mind, especially one who is out of their proposed price range.

Edited by samjp26
  • Like 1

Either that or its mind games & they think it will force Villa's hand by looking like they have changed target as in us not wanting to keep an unhappy player so we lower the fee or something? More likely the story is just press BS mind.

Assuming we don't want to sell , I should think Villa are over the moon with this change of target from Spuds

• Like 1

Wonder whether his agent will ask Paul for a new contract if he stays

I hope so, and I hope we say "Okay, the money is still the same: £45. But our offer is now a 5-year deal, not 4"

:D

Haha

I'd like to admit that it was the autocorrect on my phone.... But I like the idea of offering him £45 p/w, and then laughing it off... Then saying "But seriously, add £45 p/w to your current salary. That's the offer"

Â