Christian Benteke

Kwan

The part that interested me most though was hearing lambert already knows the man he wants to get with any CB money. sounds promising!

thats hardly news

but it is promising as some managers dont ever look that far ahead. before when Yorke left or Barry we didnt have a replacement lined up straight away

I know but this is Paul Lambert we are talking about. That's why it isn't news.

EDIT - Or ^^^^^ what BOF said

Edited by Richard

The part that interested me most though was hearing lambert already knows the man he wants to get with any CB money. sounds promising!

thats hardly news

but it is promising as some managers dont ever look that far ahead. before when Yorke left or Barry we didnt have a replacement lined up straight away

Insert 'not every manager is Paul Lambert' and why Richard (and I) thinks so highly of him. It's 'hardly news' because Lambert is the manager :)

For once i have complete faith in a manager...i've had faith in MON but that turned out to be blind faith :(

ok, so I have some benteke news, although not groundbreaking, we have had 2 bids from spuds, both rejected, and sopuds have been told we want the money UP FRONT. no increments. as lambert knows who he wants to replace CB and he wants it done quickly.

Rubbish - Most if not all deals are paid by installments. Anyone we buy to replace Benteke will probably be paid for in installments.

yes, obviously, but this is what villa have set. villa don't need to sell benteke to get his replacement, but they are just making a stand on spurs, I would guess that villa would take a lower bid than their valuation if the fee was paid up front. im passing on good solid information. don't hate.

I doubt there's ever, in the history of football, been a £20m+ deal paid up front. It's not going to start with Spurs

Ronaldo to Madrid was £80m one off fee, no installments.

The chances of Spurs paying £25m upfront is very unlikely mind.

Edited by dudevillaisnice

thats hardly news

uv got a cheek with all your previous ITK balls that turned out to be nonsense.

:thumb:  for the vote of confidence.

Levy is clearly penny pinching in recent years for this new stadium.

The last real year Spurs had a large net spend was 2010/11 where Pienaar, Sandro & Van Der Var came in, with the only meaningful departure Taarabt to QPR for small money.

2011/12 saw Parker join from relegated West Ham for about 5mil, and Friedel on a free from us. While out goings include Pavlyuchencko, Palacious, Hutton, Keane & O'Hara.

2012/13 they got in Dembele, Sigurdsson, Vertonghen, Adebayor, Lloris & Holtby but sold Modric, Van Der Vaart, Pienaar, Kranjcar, Bassong & Corluka.

ok, so I have some benteke news, although not groundbreaking, we have had 2 bids from spuds, both rejected, and sopuds have been told we want the money UP FRONT. no increments. as lambert knows who he wants to replace CB and he wants it done quickly.

Rubbish - Most if not all deals are paid by installments. Anyone we buy to replace Benteke will probably be paid for in installments.

yes, obviously, but this is what villa have set. villa don't need to sell benteke to get his replacement, but they are just making a stand on spurs, I would guess that villa would take a lower bid than their valuation if the fee was paid up front. im passing on good solid information. don't hate.

I doubt there's ever, in the history of football, been a £20m+ deal paid up front. It's not going to start with Spurs

Ronaldo to Madrid was £80m one off fee, no installments.

The chances of Spurs paying £25m upfront is very unlikely mind.

Wouldnt that be the whole point in asking for it?

• Like 1

All this talk of the kid who said, "Tottenham" when talking to Benteke - the problem is we don't see what he is doing when he says it.  I kind of picture the kid holding his nose and doing the downward thumb sign, suggesting, quite accurately,  that Tottenham stink.  No wonder Benteke has a chuckle while the rest of the group join in with the spurs slating.

Edited by Macca1888

thats hardly news

Bit harsh on Gregory given the circumstances & time scale he was left with.

Sometimes there just isn't the right option available-In Barrys case,we bought Milner inside so a replacement was already there.

What is reassuring (if Lambert does have a replacement in mind) is that we ARE looking to bring someone in rather than juggle what we already have.

All this talk of the kid who said, "Tottenham" when talking to Benteke - the problem is we don't see what he is doing when he says it.  I kind of picture the kid holding his nose and doing the downward thumb sign, suggesting, quite accurately,  that Tottenham stink.  No wonder Benteke has a chuckle while the rest of the group join in with the spurs slating.

I don't think so. The kid says "mate, look at that. Tottenham, mate" asif he was showing Benteke something. I'm guessing he had something with a Tottenham badge on it. The other kids then say "nah, i'm not having it"

I don't think so. The kid says "mate, look at that. Tottenham, mate" asif he was showing Benteke something. I'm guessing he had something with a Tottenham badge on it. The other kids then say "nah, i'm not having it"

Apparently, it was a Spurs tattoo he was shown.  Sylla also laughed so I guess they weren't taking it seriously.  I can't believe it made a national news site...

I'll have to listen to it again, all I hear is a kid go, "Tottenham."

In any case, Benteke's reaction was an embarrassed smile. Could be anything from -

Yes, I'm joining them soon;

Yes, I'm a bit embarrassed at being left stuck in the middle by spuds not matching my value;

Yes, that's a word I recognise between the other words I haven't a clue what they are; can we go now please!

Not even Manchester City?

Not even City. It's not how it's done. Everything is in installments at that kind of money. I'd imagine even our summer signings are in installments tbh

In the absence of laws/regulations governing this that are laid down by FIFA/EUFA/Premier League/FA/EU or UK contract law etc. I'm inclined to believe that the terms of a transaction would be as the two parties exchanging contract agree to.

Since there is nothing I'm aware of that precludes the full fee being paid to the seller by the buyer - if the seller demands it and the buyer agrees - then it's exactly how it can be done. IIRC we supposedly did it with Bent, the transfer fee was paid in one tranche. Add-ons for whatever were obviously excluded.

There is no reason to believe our terms to them are less than full fee up front just because "It's not how it's done".

Edited by privateer

Â