Christian Benteke

Kwan

spurs need two maybe even three strikers so even that spanish striker they are linked with today does not mean they wont still come in for benteke. i think like i have always said, he will leave come end of the window which for me is not ideal at all

spurs need two maybe even three strikers so even that spanish striker they are linked with today does not mean they wont still come in for benteke. i think like i have always said, he will leave come end of the window which for me is not ideal at all

Maybe so but how much can they possibly afford with another year of Europa League? Remy is the best option for them.

Spurs need at least TWO strikers as it is, so this means nothing with regards Benteke to my mind. Of all the clubs in the top half of the table, Spurs have the worst attack (Defoe and Adebayor), that's truly dire at any level

I'm sure they're after at least two maybe even three

Being as they cant afford to put a good enough bid in for one of them, do you think they can afford to buy both Benteke and Soldado?

I think you're confusing not being able to afford with not wanting to pay what we're asking. Two very different things

If my local started charging £5 a pint, I could afford it. But i wouldn't pay it

• Like 1

Spurs need at least TWO strikers as it is, so this means nothing with regards Benteke to my mind. Of all the clubs in the top half of the table, Spurs have the worst attack (Defoe and Adebayor), that's truly dire at any level

Being as they cant afford to put a good enough bid in for one of them, do you think they can afford to buy both Benteke and Soldado?

I think you're confusing not being able to afford with not wanting to pay what we're asking. Two very different things

If my local started charging £5 a pint, I could afford it. But i wouldn't pay it

But they can't have limitless money. They've already spent loads. 

They may sign Soldado Benteke and McCarthy......

after they lose Bale......

Risky business, what if they can't meet the valuation for Beneteke. Buggered.

Well if they sell Bale everyone will know how much money they'll have, so they'll lose all bargaining power.

they may purchase or agree fees before announcing the Bale sale.

Yeah. They should try to get someone like Soldado/benteke but also look out for other striker from Eredivisie and so forth. You can`t have 1 top striker and call it a day. Even defoe whined to the media that competition is good and we need more strikers.

Their turnover dwarfs ours and they've just had (like us) another massive windfall from TV money. They've got plenty

That said, so should we. But we've all fell for the bullshit that we don't have. Even with a squad that would be hard pressed to have a wage bill of 50m nevermind 80m+

If they got Benteke and Soldado for the apparent prices asked by both Villa and Valencia, it would bring Spuds expenditure this year to around £75m just in transfer fees let alone contracts. That's for three players including Paulinho.

That would also mean they would break their transfer record three times in one window.

Unless I've missed something, Adebayor is happy to sit at home with his salary and Bale is their only high value asset that is in demand, so unless they sell him I doubt they will reach the asking price of one of the strikers named above let alone both of them.

ok, so I have some benteke news, although not groundbreaking, we have had 2 bids from spuds, both rejected, and sopuds have been told we want the money UP FRONT. no increments. as lambert knows who he wants to replace CB and he wants it done quickly.

Rubbish - Most if not all deals are paid by installments. Anyone we buy to replace Benteke will probably be paid for in installments.

• Like 1

Oh and as for their turnover dwarfing ours, the accounts for 11/12 have us at 9th in the turnover table, Spuds at 6th. Spuds made a £7m loss, we made a loss of £18m.

Being as our wage bill has been dramatically reduced (which will be reduced by even more this season) and theirs has been dramatically increased (which will increase even more this season), I'd imagine the financial gap between us will be even smaller.

Unless either Adebayor budges or Bale is sold for a huge fee, I don't think Spuds will sign Benteke.

Edited by samjp26

ok, so I have some benteke news, although not groundbreaking, we have had 2 bids from spuds, both rejected, and sopuds have been told we want the money UP FRONT. no increments. as lambert knows who he wants to replace CB and he wants it done quickly.

Rubbish - Most if not all deals are paid by installments. Anyone we buy to replace Benteke will probably be paid for in installments.

To know this, you would surely need to know the internal goings-on of most of the clubs in the world?

Oh and as for their turnover dwarfing ours, the accounts for 11/12 have us at 9th in the turnover table, Spuds at 6th. Spuds made a £7m loss, we made a loss of £18m.

Being as our wage bill has been dramatically reduced (which will be reduced by even more this season) and theirs has been dramatically increased (which will increase even more this season), I'd imagine the financial gap between us will be even smaller.

Unless either Adebayor budges or Bale is sold for a huge fee, I don't think Spuds will sign Benteke.

You can't turnover a loss.

SNF0399CC--_1520809a.jpg

• Like 3

OT --- Villa Youth, C-Crew, Steamers and whoever else are/were all mindless bellends and the less spoken about that idiotic minority of fans the better. 

In a vague attempt to stay ON topic, I hope Benteke is working up a sweat in training, running around being chased by the rest of the squad chucking coppers at him chanting "you want a pay rise..... run bitch run. 

Dunno about you mate, but just because they wear the shirt or know the players names, doesnt mean they are fans - minority or otherwise... Football hooligans are dickheads, through and through... I dont care what they do for a living or what club they are fighting 'in the name of'... They are bloody idiots

You can't turnover a loss.

SNF0399CC--_1520809a.jpg

I know, I referred to turnover based on what was said about the dwarf comment. The loss figures were to show that even if they turnover more than us, the difference between what is actually made in the end is only around £10m.

Â