Christian Benteke

Kwan

They must be waiting to offload Adebayor or Defoe before being able to bid for a new striker. Or if they can buy one they are deciding between CB and Soldado. They probably don't have room for both Adebayor and Benteke, financially and also in terms of what they bring the team.

I reckon as long as Adebayor stays put Benteke will have to wait.

Also slightly off topic but isn't it true that when we had a higher wage budget than Spurs 4 or 5 years back that Spurs were outsourcing a lot of activities and thus this was not coming up in the wages category of the accounts while Villa were not?

Spurs have no chance of offloading Adebayor what club would want to take that lazy bag of shite

And why would he want to take a hit on his £100k a week wages just one year into a four year contract.

In fact, its quite funny, the cards we hold in regards to Benteke after one season is the opposite to what they hold with Adebayor.

Benteke, early 20's, one year in to a four year deal, great form, low wages, interest in the player but we don't need to sell.

Adebayor, late 20's, one year in to a four year deal, poor form, extremely high wages, interest in the player but as much as they want to sell nobody can afford his wages.

Silly, silly Levy!

Edited by samjp26

They may sign Soldado Benteke and McCarthy......

after they lose Bale......

Risky business, what if they can't meet the valuation for Beneteke. Buggered.

Well if they sell Bale everyone will know how much money they'll have, so they'll lose all bargaining power.

If Spurs leave it late then Levy is more of a clown that I thought. Yes you may get a better deal by trying to sign a player on deadline day, but not one with 3 years left on a 20k/week contract. We are under absolutely no pressure to sell Benteke, much like they are no pressue to part with Bale this summer. If they want Benteke, they must bid what we want for him otherwise he stays.

obviously I cant say how I know as somebody's job would depend on it. I hardly post on here but I felt compelled  as I do get little bits, sayin that they are few and far between, the only real transfer scoop I ever got was thyat I knew nolberto solano was signing about two weeks before he did back in the day haha.

Well if that is the case then maybe why Spuds have turned their attentions to this Spanish striker as they can potentially call the shots with Valencia knowing they are in a poor financal position

Â