Christian Benteke

Kwan

What was he doing in Sutton Coldfield town centre anyway? I can't imagine it much of a shopping experience.

i have no idea where that is tbh

It's basically the biggest town near the training ground, it has most of the usual shops for a town centre. And Sutton Coldfield (mostly and arguably) is where many footballers and wealthier people live. Loads of AV players live or have lived a few minutes drive from where that photo was taken

Most Villa players live here, as well as our former owner and President Emeritus (don't we know it!)

You see a good lump of West Brom players around, as well as the odd Wolves one.

I believe that both a former and the current England manager are still in residence.

It has a Porsche dealership that appears to live off the back of footballer's desire to change their cars often. White Panameras and cheap second hand Cayennes are in abundance!

And the town centre is crap!

(I live at the poor end!)

Edited by thetrees

At the end of the day, if CB stays then there is no need to boo him, If he signs a new contract then great, means we can get more money for him next year, Pretty sure he is only doing what he was advised to do and does not see what he has done wrong, booing him especially before the end of the transfer window just encourages the media.

What was he doing in Sutton Coldfield town centre anyway? I can't imagine it much of a shopping experience.

i have no idea where that is tbh

It's basically the biggest town near the training ground, it has most of the usual shops for a town centre. And Sutton Coldfield (mostly and arguably) is where many footballers and wealthier people live. Loads of AV players live or have lived a few minutes drive from where that photo was taken

Most Villa players live here, as well as our former owner and President Emeritus (don't we know it!)

You see a good lump of West Brom players around, as well as the odd Wolves one.

I believe that both a former and the current England manager are still in residence.

It has a Porsche dealership that appears to live off the back of footballer's desire to change their cars often. White Panameras and cheap second hand Cayennes are in abundance!

And the town centre is crap!

(I live at the poor end!)

Pretty much sums it up! I meant to say most ;) but some are in stourbridge and newer ones get lodged at the mailbox and a few are dotted around brindley place. I used to see Carlos a fair bit on a friday around tesco five ways. Had a few chats with him. Met Angel at his house too. A friend lived at the house directly behind (aka gardens bordering) southgate or townsend, forget which. Maybe both over the years :S Anyway.. what he said :)

And yes... if yer man stays and plays his best then good. I won't boo the fool for his idiotic transfer request IF he stays and plays a blinder this season. He will have added pressure to perform if he stays and the WC year is great for us as it is further incentive for him to do so. His agent is probably just trying to maximise his own wealth and stomach line. And keep stretch trousers in business

I hope Spurs can find the money for him.

It won't be the same cheering goals scored by a player who you know doesn't want to be here. I'd much rather be fully behind helenius or whoever Lambert brings in to replace Benteke.

Thought the deadline was today too

The deadline was never released, neither was the amount that we want.

The Press Release from Brian Doogan said something to this effect: 'For Benteke to leave, we need to have our valuation met in a timeframe we have set'.

"Having received his transfer request, we have also informed him that should we receive an offer within an appropriate timeframe during pre-season which meets our valuation we would act upon it. But he will remain a Villa player should this not happen."

And yes... if yer man stays and plays his best then good. I won't boo the fool for his idiotic transfer request IF he stays and plays a blinder this season. He will have added pressure to perform if he stays and the WC year is great for us as it is further incentive for him to do so. His agent is probably just trying to maximise his own wealth and stomach line. And keep stretch trousers in business

I heard he has a big stake in the elastic band industry.

I heard he had a really big steak.

Fixed for you.

The thing what I dont get with the pic from him in Sutton and his agent being there is Villa fans know his agent Kismet (however we spell it) is the greedy 1 in all this so surely he wouldnt want to be seen with potential banter and unhappy Villa fans slagging him off but it appears he seems happy in the pic and not a care in the world.Maybe they have suceeded in there plan to get CB a bigger wage etc?

Or I might be totally crazy and thinking with my head and not heart?

I will be even more gutted if he goes now hes trained etc

I hope Spurs can find the money for him.

It won't be the same cheering goals scored by a player who you know doesn't want to be here. I'd much rather be fully behind helenius or whoever Lambert brings in to replace Benteke.

Wouldnt really bother me. It would mean he chanced his arm and it didnt come off. Players have behaved worse. I would sooner cheer his goals than see us relegated.

The thing what I dont get with the pic from him in Sutton and his agent being there is Villa fans know his agent Kismet (however we spell it) is the greedy 1 in all this so surely he wouldnt want to be seen with potential banter and unhappy Villa fans slagging him off but it appears he seems happy in the pic and not a care in the world.Maybe they have suceeded in there plan to get CB a bigger wage etc?

Actually he was there because he heard that there were some trainee Barista vacancies at Cafe Nero.

Actually he was there because he heard that there were some trainee Barista vacancies at Cafe Nero.

Damn now you say it,it's simple why didnt I think of that :D

Villa fans know his agent Kismet (however we spell it) is the greedy 1 in all this

Do we?

A lot of blame seems to be put on his agent.

I'm sure Benteke is able to make his own decisions.

Maybe it is Benteke wants more money then and not his agent

Imagine his agent was there to keep him out of trouble and ensure that he didn't say anything stupid.

That said, it does all appear a little odd, logic tells you that on today of all days he'd keep his head down after training, instead he goes wandering around town. I am not going to suggest he should lock himself away but it just seems a strange decision.

Â