Christian Benteke

Kwan

We have replaced those players mentioned here. O'Neill brought in Downing with the money he got from the Barry sale. Houllier got Bent, Makoun, and Ireland for the Milner money. Most of last summer's recruits as well as Zog/Given/Hutton were bought from the Young/Downing money. Why should Lerner throw another few tens of millions in on top of that when he's seen how much is being wasted and how much financial trouble the club's in. I'd keep a few quid back for myself too.

To be fair, none of that is true at all. For what you say to be the case, player signings would need to be the only expenditure of the club. The money brought in from those sales went on WAGES. Lots and lots of wages

I know I'm being simplistic just to make a point, but we were paying the players that left hefty wages too. I don't know what Barry/Downing/Young etc were on when they were here but it can't have been that much less than what we replaced them with.

Yeah we were paying those players who left good wages, and those who replaced them good wages too, but you're forgetting that the  club runs at a massive loss. Money in from transfers does not mean the money is sitting around in a bank account for player purchases - it's used to keep the club paying bills

We have replaced those players mentioned here. O'Neill brought in Downing with the money he got from the Barry sale. Houllier got Bent, Makoun, and Ireland for the Milner money. Most of last summer's recruits as well as Zog/Given/Hutton were bought from the Young/Downing money. Why should Lerner throw another few tens of millions in on top of that when he's seen how much is being wasted and how much financial trouble the club's in. I'd keep a few quid back for myself too.

To be fair, none of that is true at all. For what you say to be the case, player signings would need to be the only expenditure of the club. The money brought in from those sales went on WAGES. Lots and lots of wages

I know I'm being simplistic just to make a point, but we were paying the players that left hefty wages too. I don't know what Barry/Downing/Young etc were on when they were here but it can't have been that much less than what we replaced them with.

Yeah we were paying those players who left good wages, and those who replaced them good wages too, but you're forgetting that the  club runs at a massive loss. Money in from transfers does not mean the money is sitting around in a bank account for player purchases - it's used to keep the club paying bills

It's a good point you make to some who may not understand what you said. Lerner has pissed money away on paying off the previous two managers and has paid the price for a lack of planning/not getting people who know football working at board level for the club.

As a point about revenue overall I wont be popular for saying this but if people want much better for the club like I do then we need to try and match the revenue of our competitors that means some sharp increases in ticket prices for a start expecially with FFP rules now in action.

IMO Chairmen in the Premier League should spend a minimum of 5-10mil each tranfer window. Selling 1 player to buy another player or other players for the same price, is the same as spending nothing in my eyes. 

Lerner is apparently worth half a billion since his ex-wife rinsed him, so I would say we need an owner worth a billion to be a top 10 side again. 

6 games left, 5 goals needed to be the first Villa man in decades to get 20 league goals... one next week and a hat-trick against Sunderland please - give him reason to be hungry for the last game against Wigan

It's a good point you make to some who may not understand what you said. Lerner has pissed money away on paying off the previous two managers and has paid the price for a lack of planning/not getting people who know football working at board level for the club.

As a point about revenue overall I wont be popular for saying this but if people want much better for the club like I do then we need to try and match the revenue of our competitors that means some sharp increases in ticket prices for a start expecially with FFP rules now in action.

What do mean by FFP rules in action ?  -

-They are only for clubs competing in Europe

-The penalties they propose are largely though to contravene restrain on trade legislation

-They can easily be bypassed 

19 goals in his first season. Absolute bargain and total credit to lambert for being able to spot a player. Outstanding transfer business by lambert for us

19 goals in his first season. Absolute bargain and total credit to lambert for being able to spot a player. Outstanding transfer business by lambert for us

This. He took a gamble when others did not, and IF we stay up its down to this guys' goals.

He looks like he is enjoying playing here too. Look at his celebration for our second goal today, and then how he celebrated his own pointing to the fans.

I sincerely hope we get one more season out of him!!

Henke or Lambert?

A great signing for the club and it will be great if we can keep him for one more year.

Â