Christian Benteke

Kwan

He is at a higher level as a player at the moment than Aston Villa are as a club.

After seeing his display against Liverpool it was obvious to the world it was only going to a matter of time before he left Villa.

We(or any other clubs) did not need an statement from his agent to let club know he would be available soon.

If we stay up this season it will be partly due to Benteke's performances and goals.

Fair play to him, I would not hold any grudges, and I would wish him good luck at Arsenal, Chelsea , Man City or wherever he goes (as long as it's not liverpool).

If we get 20 million for him and he keeps us up, it is a good deal all around ( as good as it can be for us anyways)

Aston Villa have been a selling club since we were pushing for third in the January window, and our chairman provides 3 million to us to buy Emile Heskey to push on for that CL place.

This to me signified our ambitions to the world ( and most importantly to the Villa players) ..

Edited by redrum

Aston Villa have been a selling club since we were pushing for third in the January window, and our chairman provides 3 million to us to buy Emile Heskey to push on for that CL place.

This to me signified our ambitions to the world ( and most importantly to the Villa players) ..

You know, we would've qualified for the CL had we signed nobody at all, rather than Heskey. Nothing against the guy at all, he tried his best whenever he played, but we inexplicably changed a system that had been working to fit him in, and it failed miserably

You know, we would've qualified for the CL had we signed nobody at all, rather than Heskey. Nothing against the guy at all, he tried his best whenever he played, but we inexplicably changed a system that had been working to fit him in, and it failed miserably

I know it's off topic but it's worth saying I completely agree with this. Comfortably the biggest mistake O'Neill made, even more so than Habib Beye.

Let's worry about him moving on come the summer. Right now all he needs to do is keep winning points for us and keep us up.

Staying up will be massive for the club, the fans, lambert and the young squad. The confidence gained will be terrific then Lerner must back lambert in the summer.

If we do sell him who is going to come in

Bony?

He won't come here now, his stock is a lot higher than when we were close to signing him in the summer.

Imo I think if we stay up he will make a mistake by leaving, if we go down fair enough don't blame him for going but I think he should hone his game at villa park rather than go and play for 15 minutes at the etihad. Can't see arsenal buying him, spurs have adebayor, chelsea donr need him

If I didn't support Villa yet was playing for Villa I'd be hell bent on getting out of here. Only one way this club is going and I would be going in the opposite direction as quickly as I could.

At least Lerner will make £10m when he leaves. He won't invest it in the club though. He'll probably give it to his ex wife.

Spurs only have 2 Strikers and they are both 28+, Adebayor has been terrible this season and will probably leave in the summer. Can see them trying to get Benteke.

All signs point to Spurs losing Gareth Bale to a top European club this summer, so I could definitely see them in for Benteke. While not a like for like switch per se, Gareth Bales is effectively a forward these days with the number of goals he pitches in. Hopefully much like Liverpool paying well over the odds for one Andy Carroll after they sold Tores for £50million, we could extract a similar fee from Spurs in the wake of the huge fee Bale will bring in. Did Carroll look any better than Benteke looks now? Similar ages too. We should be asking for well over £20million I think. If no deal could be agreed at that fee then Benteke should honour his contract with Villa, unless we are relegated then it'll be cut prices all round *sigh*

Spurs only have 2 Strikers and they are both 28+, Adebayor has been terrible this season and will probably leave in the summer. Can see them trying to get Benteke.

All signs point to Spurs losing Gareth Bale to a top European club this summer, so I could definitely see them in for Benteke. While not a like for like switch per se, Gareth Bales is effectively a forward these days with the number of goals he pitches in. Hopefully much like Liverpool paying well over the odds for one Andy Carroll after they sold Tores for £50million, we could extract a similar fee from Spurs in the wake of the huge fee Bale will bring in. Did Carroll look any better than Benteke looks now? Similar ages too. We should be asking for well over £20million I think. If no deal could be agreed at that fee then Benteke should honour his contract with Villa, unless we are relegated then it'll be cut prices all round *sigh*

But Benteke isn't English. 

Levy usually gets his way. 

I know it's off topic but it's worth saying I completely agree with this. Comfortably the biggest mistake O'Neill made, even more so than Habib Beye.

He signed Heskey when we didn't need another striker - well not the priority, he signed Downing when we already had Young and Milner.

But it can be argued that we didn't need Benteke, ok he has been brilliant - but his rise has been Bent's downfall and that shouldn't have been the case. If we lose Benteke and inevitably lose Bent then what have we left? Lerner won't put all that money back into the club.

He signed Heskey when we didn't need another striker - well not the priority, he signed Downing when we already had Young and Milner.

But it can be argued that we didn't need Benteke, ok he has been brilliant - but his rise has been Bent's downfall and that shouldn't have been the case. If we lose Benteke and inevitably lose Bent then what have we left? Lerner won't put all that money back into the club.

You can play Benteke in a weak team and he is still a threat, you can only play Bent in a team that can compensate for his weaknesses.

Ill be disappointed if he goes to Spurs

Capable of so much better

Spurs are a wonderful side just now , if they keep Bale they'll be fine.

It shows just how far & how quickly this club has fallen comparing us to Spurs now as to comparing us 5 seasons back.

On the positive side it does show just how quickly a team can rise from the depths when you look at Spurs and that it is possible to break into that "top 4" still.

Ill be disappointed if he goes to Spurs

Capable of so much better

Spurs are a wonderful side just now , if they keep Bale they'll be fine.

It shows just how far & how quickly this club has fallen comparing us to Spurs now as to comparing us 5 seasons back.

On the positive side it does show just how quickly a team can rise from the depths when you look at Spurs and that it is possible to break into that "top 4" still.

Big time, I mean when has a player ever left Villa to join Spurs to 'further' themselves!? shocking

Â