Christian Benteke

Kwan

If Randy wants to make money he will hold on to him this summer (that is if we manage to stay up). He's just getting better and better. He'll easily be worth something ridiculous in the summer of 2014.

Catch 22 though, he'll be closer to the end of his contract, he could lose form or get injured. All ifs but could quite easily lose value

he'd still have 2 years on his deal next summer

Reality is, if we go down he's more likely to end up at Sunderland or Stoke than Real Madrid. People need to have a reality check.

If we go down, he will leave 100%. Seriously, there is no chance in hell he will stay. However, he will never go to Sunderland or Stoke. We are his Sunderland or Stoke, his stepstone to better clubs, which he said when he came here and I have no problem with that either. If we were 6th this season he would have stayed because of his contract and the fact that he would have played even better thus his value being 25M, but since we are not in a position to bargain he will leave for a club like Arsenal, Man City (as a benchwarmer, just look at Tevez at the moment), Liverpool or Spurs. His price if we go down will be 14-16M tops, and that is perfect for Spurs really. Liverpool too. That is most likely to happen if we stay up as well, at least we are doubling our money and then some. He is not a 25M player, and Lerner likes money apparantly according to most on here. A good player playing for a great team instantly gets a higher value, but a good player at a poor team goes for less than that... just the way the market rules in the Premier League. For instance, if Spurs signed him instead of us this summer and he had 15 goals right about now, he would have gotten a lot more hype and the value would rise. How good is he? Time will tell, I am always a bit hesitant to throw out superlatives but he can be a new Drogba for the footballing world. Lacks a bit of his acceleration (I think?) and smartness, but the latter at least comes with age and better players around him.

As for Stoke and Sunderland? Never going to happen.

Edited by Papillon

No chance he will be here next season, no matter what division we are in.

Lerner and faulkner didnt have the balls or brains to keep our best players when we were flirting with the top 4.

Same shite different day flirting with the bottom 4!

Its made no difference who the owner is. All our best players always want to leave. They never want to stay and we very rarely attract players who are already good.

you have to look by his perspective lukaku will probaply return to chelsea next season if he wants to be #1 striker in our national team he has to move on to the top of his limit. and to be honest he is to good for villa im afraid :s if i was benteke i would stay at villa for like 2-3 seasons more to verify his talent but to be honest im actually 100% sure he will leave at the end of the season whatever happens unless he gets a bad injury he will be gone =/

google translator is awesome btw :)

Reality is, if we go down he's more likely to end up at Sunderland or Stoke than Real Madrid. People need to have a reality check.

If we go down, he will leave 100%. Seriously, there is no chance in hell he will stay. However, he will never go to Sunderland or Stoke. We are his Sunderland or Stoke, his stepstone to better clubs, which he said when he came here and I have no problem with that either. If we were 6th this season he would have stayed because of his contract and the fact that he would have played even better thus his value being 25M, but since we are not in a position to bargain he will leave for a club like Arsenal, Man City (as a benchwarmer, just look at Tevez at the moment), Liverpool or Spurs. His price if we go down will be 14-16M tops, and that is perfect for Spurs really. Liverpool too. That is most likely to happen if we stay up as well, at least we are doubling our money and then some. He is not a 25M player, and Lerner likes money apparantly according to most on here. A good player playing for a great team instantly gets a higher value, but a good player at a poor team goes for less than that... just the way the market rules in the Premier League. For instance, if Spurs signed him instead of us this summer and he had 15 goals right about now, he would have gotten a lot more hype and the value would rise. How good is he? Time will tell, I am always a bit hesitant to throw out superlatives but he can be a new Drogba for the footballing world. Lacks a bit of his acceleration (I think?) and smartness, but the latter at least comes with age and better players around him.

As for Stoke and Sunderland? Never going to happen.

The price we get for him will be dependant on who is bidding, not which Division we are in

He's worth at least 20M in current terms, scoring goals in a below average side, young and plenty to learn.  If we go down, he's gone, probably to a Arsenal, Liverpool or Chelsea.  If we stay up, he will only stay with SIGNIFICANT investment IMO.  An improved wage would obviously need to be another carrot!

you have to look by his perspective lukaku will probaply return to chelsea next season if he wants to be #1 striker in our national team he has to move on to the top of his limit. and to be honest he is to good for villa im afraid :s if i was benteke i would stay at villa for like 2-3 seasons more to verify his talent but to be honest im actually 100% sure he will leave at the end of the season whatever happens unless he gets a bad injury he will be gone =/

I would take issue with the "too good for Aston Villa" comment Belgian Guy. Maybe "indebted" to Aston Villa is more like it?

I would take issue with the "too good for Aston Villa" comment Belgian Guy. Maybe "indebted" to Aston Villa is more like it?

sorry i dont understand can you say it in different way? the translate of your text dont make sense :s

sorry i dont understand can you say it in different way? the translate of your text dont make sense :s

Ok Belgian Guy..

What i meant was that i think he should be thankful to Aston Villa not see himself as too good for them. He is a very good player and i am delighted it has worked for him but without Aston Villa signing him he would not have had the chance to shine.

Lerner and faulkner didnt have the balls or brains to keep our best players when we were flirting with the top 4.

We didn't sell Barry when liverpool were after him. Held on to the price we asked for.

Milner is the only one I think we could've kept. Downing, Young and Barry were too eager to leave for us to keep them. And we got good money for them.

• Like 1

That's just dumb have a pop at the owner for the sake of it.

All the good players left because they wanted to leave. Randy didn't "cash" in FFS

Â