Christian Benteke

Kwan

Hm, did not notice that. Would not suprise me though, everything so far points to him moving away really. Honestly, if we were to get over 20 million then I would satisfied if that got reinvested, mind you in something that can strengthen us. I would however be pissed off if our summer budget would totally rely on the money from him and nothing else. He is really lethal against goals but he does really come off as poor unless he is close to the goal at times. Several times this season he has lost the ball and not given a proper fight at times. Dunno, maybe I am grasping because he has been a savior this season. 

Though, I gotta say if he goes to city there is a hugh chance that his career might go down the toilet for some time.

Well Ray Wilkins noted that the rest of the players did not rush up to congratulate Benteke today when he scored like they did to Nzogbia when he did the same?!

He seemed to think this may indicate something amiss in the dressing room or that they know he's bottling out in the summer or something?

yes I thought it was bollocks at the time, and still do

Perhaps because 2-0 is a far more comfortable lead? Or maybe they knew N'Zogbia was low on confidence having not scored for a while, whereas Benteke is always scoring?

This and the fact that theres not a lot of Villa palyers around when the penalty is taken. Bent, Dawkins and Vlaar runs up to him. While quite a lot the the team are in and around the penalty box area when the freekick

gets taken.

Yeah, I think they were really pulling for Charles to get a goal because he's come desperately close in a couple of games so far. That and going ahead 2-0 was a massive lift whereas obviously 1-0 wasn't going to hold.

Plus, it might've had to do with the quality of the goal. Well taken penalty, but the free kick was a beauty.

maybe as Nzogbia has been around longer than Benteke.. they are closer to him off the pitch. Who knows and who cares. As long as he scores and saves us.. we can worry about preparing for the Premier League in the summer. If Benteke keeps us up.. and we sell him off.. and we make 25 million.. he served his purpose and kept us up in a transition/difficult season.

See what happens.

Really good penalty taker. We haven't had one of those in a while. I always cringed when I saw Ashley Young step up last season to take the penalties. 

Barry and Milner were very good.

In fact ash wasnt bad. A bit erratic, but it was more the love for bent behind ppl nt wantin young to carry on - even though he carried on being successful until the bolton game

Edited by Woodytom

Charlie looks like a confidence sort of bloke and he been unlucky of late in front of goal, he could also be really popular in the dressing room, they celebrated like 'that one was for Charlie' whereas Benteke has been scoring consistently throughout the season. Also Benteke did score a pen, you don't often see a huge celebration for a penalty goal unless it's a late winner...

He's on course to have the most prolific season for a Villa striker since Juan Pablo Angel scored 23 goals in the 2003/2004 season. He's currently on 15. If he beats JPA, you have to go back to Dwight Yorke in 95/96 with 25 goals to get higher.

Well Ray Wilkins noted that the rest of the players did not rush up to congratulate Benteke today when he scored like they did to Nzogbia when he did the same?!

He seemed to think this may indicate something amiss in the dressing room or that they know he's bottling out in the summer or something?

I think the phrase, nothing to see here comes to mind.

Rumors circulating that benteke has told lambert that he will leave after this season and wenger might pick him up in the summer. Probably rumors as usual but if there is any truth to that then he will go there. 

If this was true I doubt any of the parties would spill this information. And I really doubt someone would tell the guy who told you this rumour, or lie as I would call it.

Rumors circulating that benteke has told lambert that he will leave after this season and wenger might pick him up in the summer. Probably rumors as usual but if there is any truth to that then he will go there. 

He will only leave if we give him permission to.

I do hope Lambert told him to **** right off and re-read that 3 year contract he signed.

Would be really angry if we sold him. REALLY ANGRY. He is the best player we have had at the club for a while. A serious talent - but we need to get at least another season out of him before we think about moving him on.

Problem is he kicked up a fuss to get to Villa, if a bigger club come in for him he will kick up a fuss again. It's obvious he's far too good for us and is destined for big things. I just hope we can convince him to stay for 1 more season. 

If he wants to move he will move as long as we get a decent price, nothing you can do about or the club for that matter. Contracts aren't worth the paper the are written on these days, there is no point a club keeping an unhappy player.

There are certain players who I think are very professional and would give their all no matter what. Milner, Barry did for us. Players like Nasri, Adeybayor, Odemwinge have all caused problems getting moves.

I would hope when we stay up we fight to keep him and are successful. I don't think Lambert would contemplate selling Benteke at all,

Lerner on the other hand may be a different matter, especially if we were offered substantial money.

Maybe if we ship out a fair few other players and bring some good ones in, Benteke will stay.. 

Such a shame if he goes.  It's not even like you could say "well if we had another striker, he probably would be on a similar tally", because a good few of Benteke's goals have been right out of the top drawer.  That and the sheer power of the man holding off defenders.  I'd say in 5 years we may be looking at a real world beater.

Problem is he kicked up a fuss to get to Villa, if a bigger club come in for him he will kick up a fuss again. It's obvious he's far too good for us and is destined for big things. I just hope we can convince him to stay for 1 more season.

The same go's for lambert he is also of the same ingredients. Should he have been any kop and an offer came in he would have done what he did to his last 2-3 clubs kicked up a fuss and done one.

Unfortunately we are stuck with him now becaues he's shite and out of his depth, got owen coyle, phill brown and steve bruce all over it.

The real problem though is our coward of an owner who has no bottle

Any offers over 12-14m and lerner will shite his pants again and BOOM!.. Bang go's another best player!

The same go's for lambert he is also of the same ingredients. Should he have been any kop and an offer came in he would have done what he did to his last 2-3 clubs kicked up a fuss and done one.

Unfortunately we are stuck with him now becaues he's shite and out of his depth, got owen coyle, phill brown and steve bruce all over it.

The real problem though is our coward of an owner who has no bottle

Any offers over 12-14m and lerner will shite his pants again and BOOM!.. Bang go's another best player!

Jesus man, we just won a game, cheer up. 

Â