Christian Benteke

Kwan

Problem is he kicked up a fuss to get to Villa, if a bigger club come in for him he will kick up a fuss again. It's obvious he's far too good for us and is destined for big things. I just hope we can convince him to stay for 1 more season.

The same go's for lambert he is also of the same ingredients. Should he have been any kop and an offer came in he would have done what he did to his last 2-3 clubs kicked up a fuss and done one.

Unfortunately we are stuck with him now becaues he's shite and out of his depth, got owen coyle, phill brown and steve bruce all over it.

The real problem though is our coward of an owner who has no bottle

Any offers over 12-14m and lerner will shite his pants again and BOOM!.. Bang go's another best player!

Jesus man, we just won a game, cheer up.
Well we are due one in 13-14 mate...

If we get silly money for him fair enough, but I mean £25m and above silly - anything less than that and he doesn't go. Simple.

If I was a manager and someone offered me £20m+ I'd take it.  We could buy two quality wingers and keep Bent and Weimann and we'd probably be better off as a team.  Of course I'd love Benteke to stay with us for as long as possible though.  He'd only end up a bit-part player at one of the big clubs but that doesn't stop players going anyway.

I genuinely feel like he will go either way this summer.... BUT there is a shred of hope/delusion that if we stay up he may have an affinity with the club and decide that he wants to stay and help the team that gave him his big shot a chance to improve further..... Yes crazy I know but thats what my heart says... my head says he will go :(

BUT

Lets just enjoy the big man while he's here.... quality player, if we could pull another out the bag in the summer then we are laughing!

If he left I wouldn't hate him...... he is genuinely one of my favorite players now.... He has more or less everything you want in a modern St!

Edited by Mattyp_avfc

We dont deserve a striker like him if we are not going to invest in proper quality players to play around him,

Was prob fed another load of bull shite off faulkner again.

Oh yeah come to the villa we are going places, Gonna buy some top players aswell blah-blah-blah!..

Then in comes the 2nd and 3rd division brigade and wallop relegation fight!

Very same reason Fabregas and RVP left arsenal... Club going know where only backwards so dont deserve to have them!

Some birds are just not ment to be caged!

Edited by sutherland

We dont deserve a striker like him if we are not going to invest in proper quality players to play around him,

Was prob fed another load of bull shite off faulkner again.

Oh yeah come to the villa we are going places, Gonna buy some top players aswell blah-blah-blah!..

Then in comes the 2nd and 3rd division brigade and wallop relegation fight!

Very same reason Fabregas and RVP left arsenal... Club going know where only backwards so dont deserve to have them!

Some birds are just not ment to be caged!

Ermmm we signed most of the '2nd and 3rd division brigade' before we signed Benteke.

Yeah, I really don`t see it. That arsenal interview a couple of months back wasn`t really reassuring either. If he does then lets hope he keeps putting more goals as we will get more for him that way. I find it hard to be positive about it because he deserves to have quality around him as well. If we don`t invest in getting some quality players next year we will be in the same stage next year(if we stay up that is). 

He's the striker Villa deserves and the one we need right now. Defenders will hunt him, but he can take it. He's a hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector... 

Why is he running 8 pints?

Because we must chase him  he must score goals. 

• Like 1

until we change the trend of one good signing in ten..... to one bad signing in ten.

This will continue to happen.

Tony morley, allan evans, gordon cowans, etc, etc etc could have gone to bigger clubs.... but we were too busy building our own then and all the recruits were getting tangibly better before our eyes.

Until the players know that something is being built ( properly built, not just pacifying statements)they will use us as a stepping stone.

until we change the trend of one good signing in ten..... to one bad signing in ten.

This will continue to happen.

Tony morley, allan evans, gordon cowans, etc, etc etc could have gone to bigger clubs.... but we were too busy building our own then and all the recruits were getting tangibly better before our eyes.

Until the players know that something is being built ( properly built, not just pacifying statements)they will use us as a stepping stone. Its hard to blame the players they just want to play with other good players ( money aside) they ain't Villa Fans and you can't expect the to be.

Real Madrid bidding 28 million pounds for him apparently . Surely he will leave.

If we're going to sell him then that would be the absolute best case scenario. £28m is a hell of a lot of money and I'd much rather see him go abroad than stay here. Also, Real are a massive massive club and I'd hate to see him go somewhere like Spurs.

He's the striker Villa deserves and the one we need right now. Defenders will hunt him, but he can take it. He's a hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector... 

Why is he running 8 pints?

Because we must chase him  he must score goals. 

Yes :D

Should try to keep him for another year at all costs.   Remember that a considerable portion of his value to the club is the relatively low wages he's on.   Sure, 25M pounds could pay the transfer fee for 2 or 3 quality players, but each would probably demand more wages than Benteke is on.  We'd probably end up not signing any players of proven quality because of the wages, just like in January.   Suddenly, the 25M from selling him doesn't look so attractive compared to having him in the team helping keep Villa up another year or helping us get back up.

Real Madrid bidding 28 million pounds for him apparently . Surely he will leave.

If we're going to sell him then that would be the absolute best case scenario. £28m is a hell of a lot of money and I'd much rather see him go abroad than stay here. Also, Real are a massive massive club and I'd hate to see him go somewhere like Spurs.

Agree, or worse still somewhere like Sunderland or Stoke. It will be a bad day when we start having our best players poached by lower mid table clubs.

Agree, or worse still somewhere like Sunderland or Stoke. It will be a bad day when we start having our best players poached by lower mid table clubs.

Benteke will not be sold to someone like Stoke or Sunderland.

Â