Christian Benteke

Kwan

it feels like the club is being run like the country is, i.e. being brought to it's knees by sweeping cuts that are happening too fast and too deep.  

I'm not saying Lerner is doing the wrong thing for the long term future of the club, the problem is the balance between running us like a second division side and champion's leagues hopefuls was never struck. 

you can't help but wonder how Lambert would have done if he had the squad MON had when he left.

Given that were odds on to be playing in the Championship next season it doesn't seem to worth focusing on too much whether he'll be here or not. It goes without saying if we go down he'll go too... probably for about the £16m figure that's being waived about.

You can forget about reinvestment too since we'll be losing £50 million or so TV money and suffering huge financial losses. 

Lets just enjoy him whilst he's here......if we stay up a 50/50 chance of keeping him

One Christian Benteke !!

This is why I don't enjoy football anymore, we get a good player and have to sell. It cracks me up that people are ok with this because we get no stability or time to build a team. This is football club not eBay!

Yes I am realistic in knowing that this is how it will always be now and things will never be the same again. No great teams to look back on a there will never be a chance as the good players go.

This is why I don't enjoy football anymore, we get a good player and have to sell. It cracks me up that people are ok with this because we get no stability or time to build a team. This is football club not eBay!

Yes I am realistic in knowing that this is how it will always be now and things will never be the same again. No great teams to look back on a there will never be a chance as the good players go.

All teams sell. Its who you bring in to replace them that matters, e.g. Spurs sold Carrick and Berbatov for a combined £48m and look who they bought with that money. We sold Milner, Downing and Young for a combined £64m and look who we bought.

Edited by AVFCforever1991
  • Like 1

If we go down, our income goes down £70m less £16m so about £54m

This will be bridged by player sales as follows :

Benteke : £20m

Bent : £10m

Weimann : £4m

Gabby : £8m

Ireland : £3m

NZogbia : £6m

Given : £3m

So next year we will roughly balance the books and lambert will be given peanuts to spend.

I can't see him staying at all.. He clearly wanted a London move & supports Arsenal & on top of that can you really see Randy turning down a half decent offer for any of our players? ...Coz i can't... He's all about the money after all!

Shame as he is our best player by a country mile... but then that's another reason he won't be here.. We always sell our better players so he's as good as gone.

This! Remember that furor a few months ago about him wanting to go to Arsenal and thinking Villa was in London...I listened to the original video and it's not good - the etranslation is this:

Question: it's June, there are the two Manchesters, Chelsea, who would you pick?

Answer: Arsenal - blah blah I love them...

The damning part of the interview is in the question - the tone of voice of the journalist and the speed with which he answers - he s asking 'imagine all these big

Clubs

Wanted you, where would you go?' and the speed and tone Benteke answers with sounds like somebody who's been asked 'what's the dream?'. There's no - ooh I love aston villa andwant to build this team. There's no question of IF he would leave at the end of the year just where he would go. Benteke clearly wants a place in either a CL team or the club he supports. Unless the club refuse to sell him, like they did with Barry, round 1, he will not be here next season. It sucks but we just have to try and get as much cash as possible.

So next year we will roughly balance the books and lambert will be given peanuts to spend.

Gabby £8m ? In what world ?  :rolleyes:

If we go down, the players go for cheaper usually. We will never get £20m for Benteke too...

Can't see Gabby leaving even if we relegate. Possibly Weimann would stay though. Agree with the rest, they'll leave. 

We wont get anything for Ireland or Given due to wages. Clubs know we need to release them and they will say we can pay them 40k a week, they will want more and in order for that to be made up, we will have to sacrifice any fee.

I would be amazed if we got anymore than 5m for Gabby. Infact I think all them fees are over inflated because clubs can hold us to ransom and there isn't a lot we can do about it unless you get a bidding war.  

its more shocking that these over paid pre madonnas cant even keep us up

if they're overpaid primadonnas then surely it's not in the slightest bit shocking they can't keep us up?

We wont get anything for Ireland or Given due to wages. Clubs know we need to release them and they will say we can pay them 40k a week, they will want more and in order for that to be made up, we will have to sacrifice any fee.

I would be amazed if we got anymore than 5m for Gabby. Infact I think all them fees are over inflated because clubs can hold us to ransom and there isn't a lot we can do about it unless you get a bidding war.  

mon would probably give us £15m for gabby

just because we are going down, it doesnt mean we have to be held to ransom, if we dont sell them then so be it, we should try and squeeze as much money as possible out of any clubs that want our decent players

benteke we shouldnt accept anything less than £20m

bent, we arent going to get all our money back, but at least a double figure, £10m - £12m

wont get much for ireland and given though i cant see

Yeah I doubt it. Kid started at the top at the last Belgian game too. All top players were there. Yeah that may not mean much but people knows about him. I saw a transfer rumor today about him too with a quote from lambert. It went something like this " He is only 22 years old and he has many years ahead of him. He is not at his peak yet, but what he has done for me and the club has been fantastic. If someone wants to buy Christian, they have to dig big".

Shame, i always have this dream that this monsterous talent will appear and be totally in love with villa. Someone like le tissier or like that. 

Guess I will keep on dreaming then, at least we have ireland and bannan, my heroes. 

Jeeeeeeeeeeeeeez.

When we are linked with buying someone in the papers all the posts are: "It's the sun... what a load of rubbish." or "Daily Fail making their shit up again ho ho ho". or something similar.

When we are linked to selling someone in the papers, all of a sudden every word written is gospel.

Perspective people.

Â