Christian Benteke

Kwan

I very much doubt the Real Madrid link. Ridiculous rumour. 28m?? Hes good (probably in parts the best player I have seen at Villa) but hes not that good by any means.

Still very hit and miss.

28m would make the sale very very easy imo to any club.

I very much doubt the Real Madrid link. Ridiculous rumour. 28m?? Hes good (probably in parts the best player I have seen at Villa) but hes not that good by any means.

Still very hit and miss.

I have no idea whether the rumours are true but I do think Benteke has massive potential with the right service. Our midfield is piss poor and he often makes his own goals. imho if he was with a top club he would score bucket loads. Sadly I doubt very much that he will be with us for the 13/14 season and also think £28m is more than feasible.

When you say "he is not that good by any means" - have you actually watched him? Imho he is the best natural striker we have had at VP since Yorke - but he will not with AVFC long enough to show his true potential for us - mores the pity.

Edited by MikeMcKenna

Still very hit and miss.

I have no idea whether the rumours are true but I do think Benteke has massive potential with the right service. Our midfield is piss poor and he often makes his own goals. imho if he was with a top club he would score bucket loads. Sadly I doubt very much that he will be with us for the 13/14 season and also think £28m is more than feasible.

When you say "he is not that good by any means" - have you actually watched him? Imho he is the best natural striker we have had at VP since Yorke - but he will not with AVFC long enough to show his true potential for us - mores the pity.

In my post i mention that I actually think he is maybe the best player we have had for many years.

28m is ridiculous though. Having said that, 24m for Bent makes it look like a bargain. As does 20m for Downing.

I don't see a big club being in for him yet. If we go down he'll go to a top half club, but not a top 4. If we stay up and he preforms at the same level or higher next season, he'll be off to a big club in England, Spain, Italy or Germany(IMO). Great player, great future. Really hope we'll have him with us a season or two more.

Still very hit and miss.

In my post i mention that I actually think he is maybe the best player we have had for many years.

28m is ridiculous though. Having said that, 24m for Bent makes it look like a bargain. As does 20m for Downing.

You make my point - I agree that the sums of money involved are ridiculous on many levels but in the current market £28 million is feasible when compared to Bent, Downing, Caroll etc

Edit: However I really hope no-one makes an offer and that we can hold onto him for a couple of years. But I doubt it.

Edited by MikeMcKenna

Reality is, if we go down he's more likely to end up at Sunderland or Stoke than Real Madrid. People need to have a reality check.

Have a word mate - reality check yourself. **** zero chance of that happening. Ever! I'll donate a grand to VT if he moved to either of those clubs.

He's not bad for a white bloke though hey!

Real Madrid do not need him, they never rely on winning headers and stuff he will contribute with better than Benzema, Ronaldo and Higuain.

If they buy a new striker it would be some sick gem from Brazil or someone proven like Falcao or Cavani. Or even Hernandez from United, someone who magically gets into good positions every single game.

Yeah, Real Madrid is never happening. He isn`t ready for that..not yet. My money is on Arsenal or Spurs. It`s got to be, I just know it. Really hopes that if he leaves he leaves this country as well. But that is not happening, he wanted to play in england so we will see.

Reality is, if we go down he's more likely to end up at Sunderland or Stoke than Real Madrid. People need to have a reality check.

If anyone needs a reality check it's you. No one is denying that he'll probably leave if we go down but it will definitely not be to a club like Stoke or Sunderland.

If Randy wants to make money he will hold on to him this summer (that is if we manage to stay up). He's just getting better and better. He'll easily be worth something ridiculous in the summer of 2014.

If Randy wants to make money he will hold on to him this summer (that is if we manage to stay up). He's just getting better and better. He'll easily be worth something ridiculous in the summer of 2014.

Catch 22 though, he'll be closer to the end of his contract, he could lose form or get injured. All ifs but could quite easily lose value

Â