Christian Benteke

Kwan

7 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

You're talking about the old version of Benteke that hasn't had multiple injuries

We're talking about hold-up play, he's still pretty good at it. I don't know why people make out injuries to be so debilitating. He was never a player who relied on blistering pace to get behind the defence for example where those kinds of injuries can change a player.

16 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Even as backup striker what are our highest paid players on? 45k? Grealish more maybe? What's Benteke going to want? 50-60k that would be **** if rest of players think that

Grealish I'm sure is around 75k now and highest earner. Doubt he is only earning 45k, that would be a piss take in all fairness. 

21 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Even as backup striker what are our highest paid players on? 45k? Grealish more maybe? What's Benteke going to want? 50-60k that would be **** if rest of players think that

I'd think he d come for next to nothing in terms of wages - he just wants to be home.

Just now, Keyblade said:

If he scores 20 goals that's only a million in wages. Equivalent to him earning ~50k/week. So hardly.

If he scores 20 goals between now and May we finish in the Top 8 league spot. The fact your adding 20 goals onto what 22 goals from non strikers this year, that’s 44 goals in 17 games. 

Just now, Laughable Chimp said:

That per goal salary is actually great for us, especially if its just until the end of the season. The problem is no player in their right mind is gonna take it. 

Even if you break the all-time PL record of 32, you're getting paid around 30k/week. Nobody in their right mind will take it.

In any case, is the number 20 free? 👀 

Â