Christian Benteke

Kwan

22 minutes ago, useless said:

Palace would want at least £15m for Benteke, probably closer to £20m so I don't think there's anyway we're going to buy him, not because we can't afford that, but because we were probably only ever interested in him as a squad option anyway, and I don't think we'd spend that much on a 29 year old back-up striker.

Well they won't get that for him in a million years. If they're asking £15-20m I'm out, but I seriously doubt it. He's probably on £80k a week or something. 

Hows long he got left on his contract with them? Palace should be delighted anyone would come and take his wages off their books. 

They will be lucky to get 2M for him.

Another reason this probably wont happen tho, isnt his agent really bad news? 

Edited by ciggiesnbeer

Doubt they'd sell a striker who's proven in this league, a Belgium international, and under thirty, for much less. I know his form has dipped of late, but if it hadn't have, then in that case they'd be asking for much more than £15m to £20m.

1 minute ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Hows long he got left on his contract with them? Palace should be delighted anyone would come and take his wages off their books. 

Signed an extension in October, for another year on his current deal, to the end of 2021 season.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, useless said:

Doubt they'd sell a striker who's proven in this league, a Belgium international, and under thirty, for much less. I know his form has dipped of late, but if it hadn't have, then in that case they'd be asking for much more than £15m to £20m.

His form has dipped for like the last 3 years and he's 29 and turning 30 this year.

Just went on the Palace forum and I'm seeing posts like how they'd rip our hand off for something like 10m

Edited by Laughable Chimp

8 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

I think it's over with that loan of Reina.

We'll be buying some young buck and maybe a old dog.

Rodriguez, though a year older, would be of more use than Benteke.

2 loan limit is from PL and English clubs

Only allowed two loans at one time, full stop, it doesn't matter where they come from, so if Reina completes his loan then we won't be able to loan in anymore players, unless he or Drinkwater were to cancel their loans for some reason.

Sun article mentioning Drinkwater says in bold only 2 loans so what's this last clause on PL official page? I don't understand

With the exception of Welsh clubs competing in the competitions listed under Rule V.6.2, loans from a club in membership of another National Association do not count towards the above quotas.

https://www.premierleague.com/news/464747

https://www.football.london/premier-league/premier-league-loan-rules-how-16405953

"I've got Harry Arter, so I can't take a young English striker or a young English midfield player, if I've got another one (on loan).

"It's scandalous, really. You can bring 10 from abroad, so who are we trying to help?

"Who has invented these rules? It's a disgrace, really, when I could be giving another good young English lad an opportunity of playing in the Premier League."

Found this old article 

I'd **** love it if Benteke came back.

If he was even half the player he was back in the day he'd be a great addition to the squad. Man was an absolute beast. Did a lot more than just score goals when he was on the pitch too.

That said, I'd also very much like him not to be the only (grown adult) striker we sign this transfer window.

3 minutes ago, Panto_Villan said:

I'd **** love it if Benteke came back.

If he was even half the player he was back in the day he'd be a great addition to the squad. Man was an absolute beast. Did a lot more than just score goals when he was on the pitch too.

That said, I'd also very much like him not to be the only (grown adult) striker we sign this transfer window.

I'd **** hate to sign a 29 year with far too many injuries had and 4 goals in last 3 seasons and I thought that would be majority opinion but clearly not

• Like 1

1 hour ago, useless said:

Only allowed two loans at one time, full stop, it doesn't matter where they come from, so if Reina completes his loan then we won't be able to loan in anymore players, unless he or Drinkwater were to cancel their loans for some reason.

I don’t think this is true. Think it’s just from English clubs. It was designed to prevent collusion wasn’t it?

Â