Christian Benteke

Kwan

Well this isn't what I wanted for my 40th birthday :(

The only thing that will console me now is if we go and get Batshuayi as his replacement.

It's good news, not bad. 

As long as the money goes to strengthen the team there is the possibility of bringing in three decent players now - which could (and should) be the difference between struggling again and staying away from it.

• Like 1

The only thing that will console me now is if we go and get Batshuayi as his replacement.

It's good news, not bad. 

As long as the money goes to strengthen the team there is the possibility of bringing in three decent players now - which could (and should) be the difference between struggling again and staying away from it.

Once you take the money away for Genk, plus the money we'll spend on his replacement, I don't think we'll have enough left to add 2 more quality players.

Never been any solid Utd interest I'm afraid, as much as I'd have liked him to go there over the bin dippers.

He'd fit in so much better here (work @OT) and go on to become a world-class striker ala Yorkie, if his agent wasn't a complete idiot I'd imagine he'd be very wary of becoming another cursed striker @Anfield, especially in the year of Euro's after having missed the WC. I really want to wish him all the best, he doesn't owe us anything at all tbh - 400% return & 3 good seasons, with some of the best moments I've had in my 26 years as a Villain home & away; he probably deserves a big move, but not 'pool...

I'd absolutely love Fox to offer him to Utd for 32.25m, Rodgers ask why they can't have the same deal & Sir Tim of Sherwood telling him "we don't sell to our rivals ya schlaaaaaaaaaaaag"

Edited by MyLord

It's good news, not bad. 

It's good news if we bring in the right players...

.. if we spend it on Townsend then it's definitely bad!

It's good news, not bad.

Once you take the money away for Genk, plus the money we'll spend on his replacement, I don't think we'll have enough left to add 2 more quality players.

Pretty sure Genk get less than £4m so that basically leaves £29m to replace him £12-£15m ..should get 2 fairly decent quality players for £7m each .Guyue was about that price up front for example.

I guess it depends if Gueye/Amari deals have to come out of it too.

Three players at the £9million mark should significantly improve the dross we've currently got, and seeing as we've had about £250,000 off the wage bill this summer so far (I think I read that!) then the wage should be there too.

We were very much a one man team in terms of going forward. It's a chance to move away from that too - which is a good thing.

Never been any solid Utd interest I'm afraid, as much as I'd have liked him to go there over the bin dippers.

He'd fit in so much better here (work @OT) and go on to become a world-class striker ala Yorkie, if his agent wasn't a complete idiot I'd imagine he'd be very wary of becoming another cursed striker @Anfield, especially in the year of Euro's after having missed the WC. I really want to wish him all the best, he doesn't owe us anything at all tbh - 400% return & 3 good seasons, with some of the best moments I've had in my 26 years as a Villain home & away; he probably deserves a big move, but not 'pool...

I'd absolutely love Fox to offer him to Utd for 32.25m, Rodgers ask why they can't have the same deal & Sir Tim of Sherwood telling him "we don't sell to our rivals ya schlaaaaaaaaaaaag"

or claim its 32 mill to champions league teams [emoji4]

It's good news, not bad. 

It's good news if we bring in the right players...

.. if we spend it on Townsend then it's definitely bad!

I don't watch much Spurs so I can't comment, but for England he seems to be alright. Certainly scores enough. This money gives us the chance to try to be something a little bit different from the desperate, patched up mess we have been the last four years. If it's spent.

Â