Christian Benteke

Kwan

I will add though that I think he has sold himself short here.

He is far better than Liverpool and because of the fee they are paying he has just priced himself out of a bigger move. I fear Liverpool is his pinnacle.

Edited by sexbelowsound
  • Like 3

Well, he's probably not going to win any titles with Liverpool (almost certainly you'd expect), in fact if the CL is his aim, he'll have to work incredibly hard and get an awful lot of luck to get that too.

He's done well for us, he'll do better at Liverpool you'd imagine, but whether he personally is the difference between 6th and 4th is yet to be seen.

Hopefully this doesn't sound too harsh. But I'm not bothered if he's a failure or a success once he joins another team. I might hope he does us a favor if he's playing in a game that affects us, but other than that I don't really care.

• Like 2

I am a little gutted to be honest, I knew it was coming ever since we knew he was amazing which was early on. Oh well, at least we're getting a lot of money for him, and we have time to reinvest. Spend £25m on a established striker, and £8m on a younger up and coming one (I know it's not that simple really!)

I think it's fair to say that if we don't reinvest wisely, we will be playing Championship football in 2016/17. Let's hope Sherwood, Reilly and Fox get it right.

Nah, someone else will step up and be our "hero" - when your "star" player leaves, there's always someone else who fills the void.

Doesn't matter what club you play for, no one player is bigger than it.

• Like 1

With a management team of Fox/Almstadt/Reilly/Sherwood/Wilkins I'm a lot more confident that we can purchase a good replacement with the Benteke cash.

• Like 3

I think it's fair to say that if we don't reinvest wisely, we will be playing Championship football in 2016/17. Let's hope Sherwood, Reilly and Fox get it right.

I honestly believe that we could not spend another penny this summer and stay up

• Like 1

Â