Christian Benteke

Kwan

Wish him nothing but the best, if this happens. Only sad point for me is that due to impatience (?) he has sold himself a little short. He is destined for a better club than Liverpool, and in the long term expect him to move again from there. Either way, best of luck Chris!

Excited to see who we can bring in for a new phase.

With a management team of Fox/Almstadt/Reilly/Sherwood/Wilkins I'm a lot more confident that we can purchase a good replacement with the Benteke cash.

As opposed to Lambert who actually bought Benteke in the first place?

With a management team of Fox/Almstadt/Reilly/Sherwood/Wilkins I'm a lot more confident that we can purchase a good replacement with the Benteke cash.

As opposed to Lambert who actually bought Benteke in the first place?

• Like 2

Well this is depressing.... i knew it was coming this summer but im still gutted about it.

I wish him all the best as for me he is the BEST player i have witnessed play for Villa in the 27 years i have been supporting the club. But also as a huge football fan in general i am pleased that one of the soon to be best strikers in the world has graced our cathedral for a few seasons! I am pissed that he has gone to the kopshites though, he could have done much better but i guess they were the only ones in for him. On the plus side we have got a very big transfer fee for him and hopefully this parting gift will enable us to buy the players we need to move onto the next level.

He is not a hero or probaly even a legend at Villa but his talent alone is why i feel so bad about this one seeing as he was often the shining light in the dark tunnel at Villa. His antics a few seasons ago made me feel a little less fond of him but cant really blame him this time round. We have been nothing short of dogshite since hes been here. 

THAT goal against Tesco will be my fondest memory of him, but also goals against Norwich (overhead kick) and definetly the goals against Liverdole wil lstay with me for a long time as i witnessed each one live in front of my eyes.

My lad is going to be absolutely gutted when i tell him later.... he idolises him !! i know he aint gone yet but its pretty much there aint it !, cant really see him doing a Delph tbh. 

Heres hoping he has a shit time a Lolerpool and actually moves to a proper team in the future!

We go again as the berk used to say..... 

Reading some of the Liverpool fans comments it's laughable. They really don't know what they're getting and what they're in for. Good luck to him. I've always maintained that he deserves better than Liverpool, but it's the next step in his career. I hope he tears it up and moves on to even bigger things after them.

Thanks Benteke, you've been immense.

Jesus, Liverpool fans are probably the least knowledgeable supporters about. I was talking to one at work yesterday, who was telling me how he didn't rate their new Brazilian 'Flamingo', I told him the problem was he's only got one good foot. 

• Like 3

Im not that sad about him leaving. We need that money. I'm just disappointed he is joining liverpool....

Because half the fans are a bunch of *read in Sherwood accent* 'facking cants'

Edited by tomh621

I'm kind of glad it's over. He reached his peak here and needs a move in order to develop his career. This is a business, and he cares about his own development and wanting to play at a higher level so I totally understand.

However it's hard for me to wish anyone well going to Liverpool, so as much as I appreciate everything he achieved here, and as much as I rate and like him as a player, I half hope he doesn't do well at that rotten, piece of shit excuse for a football team, 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/33557059

Two things that annoyed me about this... Sterling only played 18 games and is injured til September and worth silly money.

Rodgers Apparantly signing Benteke for "cover" to reestablish the team as a CL team (lol)

Surely to god Christian is 10 times better than any of the other strikers he has there in terms of proven ability, injury proneness and goals to games ratio?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/33557059

Two things that annoyed me about this... Sterling only played 18 games and is injured til September and worth silly money.

Rodgers Apparantly signing Benteke for "cover" to reestablish the team as a CL team (lol)

Surely to god Christian is 10 times better than any of the other strikers he has there in terms of proven ability, injury proneness and goals to games ratio?

Daniel Sturridge is probably their "main" striker - and it makes sense given the way they play.

We kind of plucked benteke from obscurity, we can do the same again with someone else that no one has ever heard of. After we get Austin in of course.

Thanks for your goals Christian. Good luck. Just wish it wasn't the grimy **** bin dipping word removeds you were going to.

Â