Christian Benteke

Kwan

i think he's one of the best complete forwards to wear the shirt, but is he really the best player for a long time? We've had our fair share of good players in the last few years, they just haven't all stuck around/been in their prime to play in the same team at the same time together. Would rate Friedel, Mellberg, Young, Milner, etc. from the last few years. I would agree he's one of the best complete forwards we've had for a long time, however

Out of the ones you listed only Milner was better imho.

looks far better with a player next to him who has some football brain

no offense to gabby but he doesnt have one, both bent and weiman looked good alongside him

and more importantly aston villa looked far better with 2 up front and the result, while a one off to me shows lamberts 'system' which has had players out of position and bent not even playing, needs to be changed.

i think he's one of the best complete forwards to wear the shirt, but is he really the best player for a long time? We've had our fair share of good players in the last few years, they just haven't all stuck around/been in their prime to play in the same team at the same time together. Would rate Friedel, Mellberg, Young, Milner, etc. from the last few years. I would agree he's one of the best complete forwards we've had for a long time, however

Hard to say, but in terms of instant impact he's right up there. Young took a while to get going and IMO Milner didn't become a great player for us until he was moved into central midfield.

looks far better with a player next to him who has some football brain

no offense to gabby but he doesnt have one, both bent and weiman looked good alongside him

and more importantly aston villa looked far better with 2 up front and the result, while a one off to me shows lamberts 'system' which has had players out of position and bent not even playing, needs to be changed.

We've played with two up front the last 3 games.

Glad to know you're paying attention.

We've played with two up front the last 3 games.

Glad to know you're paying attention.

glad to know your not paying attention, i said benteke looks far better playing in a front 2 with bent or weiman or someone with a footballing brain which gabby doesnt have

against stoke gabby was playing

against qpr gabby was playing

against reading gabby was playing

and in none of those games did we have a 2 man attack with benteke playing alongside weiman or bent for more than a brief sub in the stoke game and we didnt actually have a 2 man attack in either of those games, gabby was coming in from out wide and benteke was up front on his own.

Â