Christian Benteke

Kwan

Just read the whole interview translated in english and just as I thought not one bit of it matches the bollocks the sun published in there dickhead attempt to stir something up!!

:rant: Pack of stupid moronic bastards that they are!

apart from the last bit that reads:

"Je n'ai pas peur de me faire des ennemis à Aston Villa en disant que j'aime Arsenal. Il y a de pires déclarations que cela. Maintenant, je suis un joueur d'Aston Villa. Un point c'est tout"

"I'm not afraid to make enemies at Aston Villa by saying I love Arsenal. There are worse things I could say. But I'm an Aston Villa player. That's that"

Not quite the same thing the Sun reported.

apart from the last bit that reads: "Je n'ai pas peur de me faire des ennemis à Aston Villa en disant que j'aime Arsenal. Il y a de pires déclarations que cela. Maintenant, je suis un joueur d'Aston Villa. Un point c'est tout"

I think I'm reading the wrong thing, mine said " Mesdames, Messieurs, le disc-jockey Sash! est de retour." :suspect:

Islingtonclaret: I'd prefer it if people stopped using quotes for Morpheus. It bypassess the filter if you do that.

Every little helps.

(sorry islingtonclaret, one last quote before I click the block button)

No problem at all. One more for the party of delusion.

if anything this is the perfect game for him. His strength could dominate their back line, only thing is maybe vermaelen knows his weaknesses to point to Wenger

It'll be great if Wenger plays Mertesacker to deal with Benteke's strength, as all we'll need then is for Gabby to just keep running at him. He's got the turning circle of the Death Star.

It'll be great if Wenger plays Mertesacker to deal with Benteke's strength, as all we'll need then is for Gabby to just keep running at him. He's got the turning circle of the Death Star.

I agree... Put gabby through the middle to run at mertesacker, and benteke on the left of the three to bully jenkinson

I think Benteke really can make a mark tomorrow, his star is still pretty low in the league because he plays for us and not a team in the top 10 this season - but a goal or two against Arsenal would do really well. His involvements in both goals against United were very good (beating Smalling physically and then jumping over the ball for the second), and Arsenal have a pretty unsolid defensive united this season. I have actually put him as my captain in my Fantasy-team tomorrow, in lack of out and out captain material (many of the top teams play away except United and they have much too expensive players) - so put in a good shift Benteke. This comes from a Darren Bent-fanboy so it says a lot :)

I think Benteke really can make a mark tomorrow, his star is still pretty low in the league because he plays for us and not a team in the top 10 this season - but a goal or two against Arsenal would do really well. His involvements in both goals against United were very good (beating Smalling physically and then jumping over the ball for the second), and Arsenal have a pretty unsolid defensive united this season. I have actually put him as my captain in my Fantasy-team tomorrow, in lack of out and out captain material (many of the top teams play away except United and they have much too expensive players) - so put in a good shift Benteke. This comes from a Darren Bent-fanboy so it says a lot :)

What's known in the industry as a dummy ;)

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/arsenal-boss-arsene-wenger-is-a-fan-332442

Arsene Wenger has revealed Arsenal scouted Villa’s “typical English centre-forward” and Gunners fan Christian Benteke while he was still at Genk.

Wenger reckons Belgian football is becoming a breeding ground for top players, having previously being regarded dismissively.

“We have looked at him, yes,” said Wenger. “We had already signed Olivier Giroud. It was interesting. I was surprised when he signed at Villa. I believe he has scored some important goals with complete power.

“He is a little bit a typical English centre-forward, that style has disappeared a little bit, but you still have some players like that, like Grant Holt.

“Belgium produces players. Maybe they are a championship we don’t give enough credit. We go ‘Okay, he is doing well, but he is in Belgium’.

“But look at the number of players they have produced recently: Mousa Dembele, Eden Hazard, Axel Witsel, they go all out.

Â