Christian Benteke

Kwan

I didn't realise MON signed Weimann.

But Benteke can be anything he wants to be. He's just got something about him. Can be a very big player within the game. I hope he falls in love with the club and wants to stay here for a long time.

Just read an interesting comment that PL actually spoke to Marc Willmots (Belgium Manager), and were encouraged to go for him. Cheers Marc!!!

Villa probably a perfect club for him in Wilmot's eyes - playing PL football, starting every game but not having to deal with Wenger or Ferguson stopping them from coming to international games.

Not to get too far off the Benteke topic, but MON signed:

GK: Carson, Kiraly, Friedel, Guzan

RB: Young, Bardsley, Beye

CB: Dunne, Collins, Cuellar, Davies, Knight

LB: Warnock, Shorey, Lichaj

CM: NRC, Milner, Petrov, Delph, Agathe, Salifou, Sidwell

Wide: Young, Routledge, Downing

CF: Carew, Harewood, Heskey, Sutton, Weimann

There is some utter shit in there!

Glad we finally have someone who can work the market a bit more sensibly!

The thing I find most interesting about this list is that half of the players who most would deem as poor signings are the ones who are actually playing regularly for teams who are higher than us in the league whereas the players who were successful are mostly sat on the bench, or in the case of Luke Young, not even in the squad of 25.

The thing I find most interesting about this list is that half of the players who most would deem as poor signings are the ones who are actually playing regularly for teams who are higher than us in the league whereas the players who were successful are mostly sat on the bench, or in the case of Luke Young, not even in the squad of 25.

Sidwell and Collins? Maybe Freidel? Don't think many have left us to go on to greater things. Milner and Barry the obvious exceptions but Milner certainly not starting games.

Most Utd fans I know are so underwhelmed by Ashley Young he's becoming something of a hate figure for them.

Sidwell and Collins? Maybe Freidel? Don't think many have left us to go on to greater things. Milner and Barry the obvious exceptions but Milner certainly not starting games.

Most Utd fans I know are so underwhelmed by Ashley Young he's becoming something of a hate figure for them.

Think he means the likes of Bardsley, Cuellar, Knight & Routledge, along with Sidwell & Collins. Saw AY's last few games, my god he's useless, just looks like a different player.

Just read an interesting comment that PL actually spoke to Marc Willmots (Belgium Manager), and were encouraged to go for him. Cheers Marc!!!

shows the level of contacts Lambert has in the game as well. Wilmots was a very good footballer in his prime

Think he means the likes of Bardsley, Cuellar, Knight & Routledge, along with Sidwell & Collins. Saw AY's last few games, my god he's useless, just looks like a different player.

Forgot about Routledge! Amazing that him and Luke Moore are both playing great football in one of the slickest sides in the PL. And people said our bunch couldn't be converted into a passing team.

Young is hardly playing that badly, set up Rooney's goal against City and trusted by Fergie to start in such a massive game.

He's bound not to be as effective as he was for us, United don't play everything through him, they have Rooney and Van Persie through the middle.

Yeah it was Young’s counter attack that set up the first goal.

That is what Young is best at (and why he had a lot of success with us) the quick counter attack where he can get 1-1 with a fullback then push into space behind.

United don't play that way very often though, normally they are on the front foot and Young doesn't look as special recycling possession and shifting it around the box.

Back on topic.

It would be interesting to see if we purchased the right players to service our strikers who would out score whom if Lambert played both Benteke and Bent?

May not happen now of course but interesting all the same.

Yeah it was Young’s counter attack that set up the first goal.

That is what Young is best at (and why he had a lot of success with us) the quick counter attack where he can get 1-1 with a fullback then push into space behind.

United don't play that way very often though, normally they are on the front foot and Young doesn't look as special recycling possession and shifting it around the box.

Can't say I saw the City game, but I saw him against Norwich & Reading and the amount of cross that he put into the stands or near the corner flag were ridiculous, he'd do his little shimey to the left before bringing it onto his right and then corner flag. So far this season he's swung in 44 balls and only 7 have found a United man, that's 16%.

I didn't realise MON signed Weimann.

But Benteke can be anything he wants to be. He's just got something about him. Can be a very big player within the game. I hope he falls in love with the club and wants to stay here for a long time.

O'Neill wouldn't have signed Weimann, he would have joined while O'Neill was manager but would have been Bryan Jones doing the recruiting.

Can't say I'm loving where we currently are at all!

I never expected you would for one second.

Persoanlly could you tell me in your opinion what difference it would make (except prize money) if we finnished 16th and won the Lge cup or if we finnished 6th and automatically qualified for europe?

Just interesting to know.

Â