Christian Benteke

Kwan

Not sure if its been mentioned but he has a buy out clause of 30 million. So if offers cone in which I'm sure they will, he's off. Sherwood reiterating there's nothing he can do if a bigger team cone in for him.

All you had to do was read 2 posts up, or any of the previous 3 pages.

Sheeeze sorry chaps it was a quicky only just heard it in the radio.

32.5m would be fantastic business for us. love tekkers and will miss him but cant say that would be a bad deal for us at all if someone meets it

I think if invested properly we can really add some quality to the squad wit that money.

I hope he scored and wins us the cup then i will wish him well in future.

I would hope whoever we sold to, we would get first option on buy back

I think it's good news he has this clause.

We ain't getting less than 32 m for him now.

That's his price take it or leave it. It's a lot but it's also reasonable in today's market.

I just pray it's not liverpool. He's better than that and he can be guaranteed football at a champs league club.

He knows the final is his last game and Im sure he will be wanting to play his heart out and leave us with a parting goal or three.

What a great signing he has been.

Thank you Paul!

• Like 3

If tomorrow is the last time we see him in claret and blue, I really wish him the best and hope he shows his doubters what he is capable of tomorrow.

Fantastic player, easily the most talented I've seen play for us, and I have no doubt he can go to a team bigger than Plop and do the business.

• Like 2

I can't see salivapool being the only club to bid for him. We all know what he is. 32.5m will be the starting figure. We got 2 extra seasons out of him and kept us from being relegated

Get in Austin, gayle, Richards, Lb and a cam. Good business

AVFC

Id put my bets on him landing at Chelsea to replace Drogba............ hell get games there, they've only really got Costa and you wont get half a season out of him..........

• Like 2

Maybe a gentleman s agreement?

Maybe the mail posted an article full of unfounded nonsense and they had absolutely no idea what was in Benteke's contract. Just a suggestion.

Edited by villa89
  • Like 2

I can't see salivapool being the only club to bid for him. We all know what he is. 32.5m will be the starting figure. We got 2 extra seasons out of him and kept us from being relegated

Get in Austin, gayle, Richards, Lb and a cam. Good business

AVFC

Id put my bets on him landing at Chelsea to replace Drogba............ hell get games there, they've only really got Costa and you wont get half a season out of him..........

Chelsea as well have a habit of buying up players to stop anyone else getting them ....Chelsea could spend £30 mil on him have him play 10 games and sell him for £45.They are a well oiled machine in getting profit on players ..Lukaku  De Bruyne Schurrle ...

Because of the comments by him at the time, I have been waiting for him to go ever since he arrived. To be honest, I am getting really bored with this charade every window. It is a shame that there is a buy out clause, but I think a £25m return for a £7m outlay is pretty good, especially as we have managed to retain his services for as long as we have. And at least there will be no ridiculously cheap bids for him.

And I can understand that Sherwood may think he could start rebuilding this team with that money right at the beginning of his tenure, so giving him more chance of success.

Don't get me wrong, I would prefer him to stay, but that is just postponing the inevitable, unfortunately, and we have to bite the bullet some time.

I am a `glass half full' guy, and I prefer to look for positives in any situation.

• Like 2

Let him go to Chelsea for about £28m and Van Ginkel. Would be a great signing and I doubt he's ever going to get a run in the team with Matic and Fabregas. Would snap there hands of for that and could sort out CDM. 

Because of the comments by him at the time, I have been waiting for him to go ever since he arrived. To be honest, I am getting really bored with this charade every window. It is a shame that there is a buy out clause, but I think a £25m return for a £7m outlay is pretty good, especially as we have managed to retain his services for as long as we have. And at least there will be no ridiculously cheap bids for him.

And I can understand that Sherwood may think he could start rebuilding this team with that money right at the beginning of his tenure, so giving him more chance of success.

Don't get me wrong, I would prefer him to stay, but that is just postponing the inevitable, unfortunately, and we have to bite the bullet some time.

I am a `glass half full' guy, and I prefer to look for positives in any situation.

Wouldn't it be great to have a squad full of players that work well together without attracting media speculation as individuals? As you say, the inevitable Benteke speculation every transfer window is a very boring charade, and almost (though not quite) cancels out any pleasure from seeing him play for us.

But the truth is that the glass is less than half full :(:)

Oh what does it matter anyway. Probably the only way Benteke would sign the contract and 32 mil isa  reasonable amount and I think its good of Sherwood to be honest about it. i wish more managers were as honest as him. 

At the very least it will be a £150m return surely

We would have been playing Championship football at some point if it wasn't for Christian.

Well that was bullshit then about him not having a release clause. It should have been written into it that only CL clubs could trigger it too.

We will get just over £25m then once we pay the % owed to McClit's side which is pony if you ask me for a player who will go for over £50m when/if he moves again. Bet we wont get a % of the next transfer though. Just stay you big melt, or at least win us the cup and go to Spain or somewhere. If he is lining up for Plop next season it will be one of th biggest footballing travesties of all time

I fully agree with Buy out Clauses.

They work perfectly in Spain.

Players are not unsettled by media attention. The clause is there, the player or his agent have nothing to concern themselves with unless the clause is activated.

I’m 100% sure Delph also has one in his contract.

• Like 1

I fully agree with Buy out Clauses.

They work perfectly in Spain.

Players are not unsettled by media attention. The clause is there, the player or his agent have nothing to concern themselves with unless the clause is activated.

I’m 100% sure Delph also has one in his contract.

Don't start that one going.  I would hope finishing one place above the relegation places would put off all potential buyers.

Â