Christian Benteke

Kwan

Why would they bid £33 million? They only have to bid £32.5 million. If it's a bigger team, then surly he will go there anyway, especially if he reads idiot LFC fans views on him.

Just to be absolutely sure they get him.

But it would literally offer no further advantage. If another club meets the buyout clause, the player is free to opt to join them instead even if they offered £100m.

Why would they bid £33 million? They only have to bid £32.5 million. If it's a bigger team, then surly he will go there anyway, especially if he reads idiot LFC fans views on him.

Just to be absolutely sure they get him.

But it would literally offer no further advantage. If another club meets the buyout clause, the player is free to opt to join them instead even if they offered £100m.

Surely the club could nudge the player in one direction or another though?

Could do but little reason for the player to listen if he feels the offer from the lesser bidder is more desirable. The only way to try and out-do rival bidders in this case is to offer a superior wage.

• Like 1

Just because someone meets the buy-out clause doesn't mean he has to join them if he doesn't want to. You never know if we get new owners they might want to re-negotiate his contract. If we do end up losing him for £32M then that's way too low he's worth double that.

Edited by useless

Agents push these stories in the press. Stocks are high for benteke again.. a move is achievable. Probably already has had informal talks with clubs enquiring. He quashed them before we were safe out of respect but now its all in.

It all wepends which clubs are interested... in my opinion the ones so far enquiring like Liverpool or Wolfsburg are not appealing enough so his agent is attracting headlines to wheel in the bigger clubs. Whether they do or not is another matter.

If he goes to Liverpool I hope he does so well that someone like Real Madrid or Barcelona come along and nick him, preferably for a ridiculously high free if we have a sell-on clause.

• Like 2

He's too good for the bin-dippers. I think he'll go overseas. But if we win the cup... I think there's a chance he'll give us one more year.

I'd say we've got a good chance of keeping him because he seems happy and settled, there's the Euros next year and he'll definitely be a part of the Belgian team if he isn't injured (whereas if he moves, it'll put it at risk) and his agent is unusually quiet. 

Eurgh !!! when Lambert got Benteke to stay im sure he said theres no buy out clause?

and why come out 2 days befor the fa cup final and tell the world the buy out clausr value?

so not only have we gotta have the worry about not beating arse but on top of that its a Benteke Farewell game

hopefuly he wins us the game but in the last minute gets a Papis Cisse type Ban

Edited by Villan81

32.5 mil would be great money and would allow Sherwood to build his own squad, especially if Lerner backs him up with a bit more. If he pulls a Southampton and not a Pool/Spurs with the cash then Villa could be set for years and just improve steadily from there. Benteke isn't staying long term, he's too good, so there's no point building around him, if he's not gone this summer then he certainly will next. I imagine Sherwood would be happy enough to begin his rebuild as early as possible. 

I thought Lambert said something similar about no buy out clause. However there was probably a clause about making it public. Unless the buy out clause is much less formal and Villa have spoken to him and said this is our valuation and if a club meets it we will let you go.

sherwood hasn't said what the buy out clause is anyway. Could be £45 m

Now is the time to offer him £120 k a week (throw in Bents wages) then if plop meet the valuation they are going to have to match his wages as well.

I don't think Plop are going to be.a big draw, no champs league, don't look like they'll compete for t next year and get in a cockstand if players want to leave to go somewhere else, which I'm guessing Benteke does, very doubtful he sees plop as the final destination.

I thought Lambert said something similar about no buy out clause. However there was probably a clause about making it public. Unless the buy out clause is much less formal and Villa have spoken to him and said this is our valuation and if a club meets it we will let you go.

sherwood hasn't said what the buy out clause is anyway. Could be £45 m

Now is the time to offer him £120 k a week (throw in Bents wages) then if plop meet the valuation they are going to have to match his wages as well.

I don't think Plop are going to be.a big draw, no champs league, don't look like they'll compete for t next year and get in a cockstand if players want to leave to go somewhere else, which I'm guessing Benteke does, very doubtful he sees plop as the final destination.

although plop are are better proposition than us they would just be a stepping stone for him.he knows he will score where ever he goes so realy see hom moving to a champions league club and liverpool wont be getting into the champions league any time soon

From RAWK

From what I've seen of him he's mainly not good enough, and most certainly not proven enough to command 30M. Has a good shot, that's about the best about him.

The few times I've seen him, he covered little ground and didn't help pressing. Reminded me of Balotelli.

I wouldn't be surprised if Balotelli did as well as him if not better at Villa.

Does bone idle cover it better?

He's **** awful. A terrible fit, a bang average player who has done little to suggest he'd fit our style of play or ever adapt to a club with champions league aspirations.

At his best - he's a less active adebayor [and generally plays in 2 bursts of form over the season]. At his worst he's a poor balotelli. If the truth is somewhere in the middle of these two we should be **** no where near him.

Being marginally better than Lambert and Balotelli should not be the only thing we look for in transfer targets after that pigfuck of a season. The strong links to this bang average player is currently the last thing we need, unless perhaps FSG are trying to get some further weight behind the rodgers out campaign prior to sacking him.

He's not what we need and he's not very good, I don't really have anything to add so I'll leave you to it. If Andy Carroll stayed injury free he'd be twice the striker benteke is, and rodgers sacked him off within days of seeing him play.

:crylaugh:  :crylaugh:  :crylaugh:

They're mental

Edited by StefanAVFC

Im quite sure the club confirmed there was no release clause after he signed a new contract. Plus if there was.....we can always reject the offer anyway cant we? Liverpool rejected arsenals bid for Suarez didnt they? And that was a whopping £1 over the alleged clause.

Â