Christian Benteke

Kwan

Liverpool have to sell season tickets too.

Given what their fans have said about signing Benteke to date I very much doubt that buying him would sell many extra season tickets up there.

Their fans are idiots. The defend the club like its their mother. They are moaning now but trust me if the deal goes through Benteke will then be the best striker in Europe.

Given what their fans have said about signing Benteke to date I very much doubt that buying him would sell many extra season tickets up there.

Their fans are idiots. The defend the club like its their mother. They are moaning now but trust me if the deal goes through Benteke will then be the best striker in Europe.

What and miss an opportunity to moan about signing Benteke instead of Messi (who also is not good enough for them) on their radio station (Talksport)?  ;)

Yes fans are fickle and if they are going to cough up 32.5 mil he's not going to be stuck on the bench. They could play a front 3 or a diamond like they did when Suarez was there.

What and miss an opportunity to moan about signing Benteke instead of Messi (who also is not good enough for them) on their radio station (Talksport)? ;)

That happens on here as well though, and talksport is by far and away more a fan if the London clubs.

Assuming Benteke returns to pre season training and appears to be focussed and looks prepared to do a job for us then keep holding out for the full release clause money in cash ... If Liverpool won't pay it then great... And if they do then also great

Player exchanges then no ... Jog on

Edited by tonyh29

Sideways step at best with regards to winning trophies so really don't understand the logic in going to liverpool.

Well if they break top four with him in the side he'll play in the champs league. If he proves himself at Liverpool one of the elites will come in for him. Regardless of what Liverpool believe themselves to be if he's hit the "even bigger boys" will come knocking.

Playing at Liverpool will put him on an even bigger stage.

Judging our transfer activity already - Richards and Gueye seem to be like for like replacements for Vlaar and Delph (if he leaves).

Tims no mug and I'm sure he's already trying to source a new striker to replace Benteke... But so far all we've been linked to is Austin and that seems to have died down.

I'm clutching at very tiny straws but to me the lack of links for us with attackers gives me the impression we've no intention of letting him leave any time soon

I'd say Benteke is worth about £22m with Sturridge about the same maybe a small bit higher, at about £23.5m, no way would I pay over £30m for either.

Maybe a couple of years ago, more money has come into football, the values will rise. Madrid paid more for Bale than they did Ronaldo but he isn't on the same level.

30-40k will be your new standard average wage. Lukaku, Bony, Benteke all very similar in terms of clubs/goals and command almost a 30m fee each.

I'd say Benteke is worth about £22m with Sturridge about the same maybe a small bit higher, at about £23.5m, no way would I pay over £30m for either.

But value is dependent on what someone is willing to pay. If Lukaku was bought for £28m and Luke Shaw for £30 then Benteke is easily worth £32.5m. 

In isolation you may be right.

But Bony and Lukaku costing £28m has changed the market.

Benteke is easily as good (better to be fair) than either of those two.

If they cost £28m, then that should be the absolute minimum Benteke is worth.

• Like 1

I don't understand why liverpool is a dumb move for him. He will play regularly and get much better service than he will at Villa. He hasn't proved himself good enough for the top clubs yet which is why non are in for him. Stay at Villa and battle relegation or move to Liverpool and challenge for top 4 while playing in Europe?

I don't understand why liverpool is a dumb move for him. He will play regularly and get much better service than he will at Villa. He hasn't proved himself good enough for the top clubs yet which is why non are in for him. Stay at Villa and battle relegation or move to Liverpool and challenge for top 4 while playing in Europe?

They're not going to win anything and they aren't in the Champions League, that is why it is a dumb move for him.

They're not going to win anything and they aren't in the Champions League, that is why it is a dumb move for him.

And we are?

Â