Christian Benteke

Kwan

TalkSport are reporting that he may be signing for Liverpool today...

But I've never believed a word from that awful station.

Edit: Just went back and read the last few pages. Seems I'm a bit late. :)

Edited by One For The Road

Just looked at our top scorers from last season....

Am I missing something or are we a bit screwed atm if tekkers leaves?

He was always going to be our top scorer but I didn't realise just HOW reliant we were on him. Weimann was our third highest scorer after gabby (.... Albeit only on 4 goals)

• Like 1

He was always going to be our top scorer but I didn't realise just HOW reliant we were on him. Weimann was our third highest scorer after gabby (.... Albeit only on 4 goals)

He was our only real striker so of course we relied on him. However, I'm quite certain we won't line up at Bournemouth with only 10 players. He will be "replaced" and who is to say that whoever comes in won't be even more prolific? As good as he can be he went 11 games without a goal iirc?

Players come and go, I just hope Tim gets the full amount of the transfer to strengthen the squad.

He was our only real striker so of course we relied on him. However, I'm quite certain we won't line up at Bournemouth with only 10 players. He will be "replaced" and who is to say that whoever comes in won't be even more prolific? As good as he can be he went 11 games without a goal iirc?

Players come and go, I just hope Tim gets the full amount of the transfer to strengthen the squad.

Charlie Austin will score more than 11 for us should we sign him

IMO !!

Given what is out there, I would like Austin.

Possibly doesn't contribute as much as Benteke does, further back from goal but would certainly be a similar target to hit early, as we did with Benteke at times or alternatively from slow build ups, which we also did at times. I think he could conjure up a similar amount of goals (15-20)

As long as we hold out for the money, and I say the money alone, I think we're in a can't lose situation.  I think the money may actually be spent well this time, and could give us a better team overall.

But if we're not going to get top money and re-invest it all properly, then we should keep him regardless...because then we'll rely on him to keep us up again.

• Like 1

The Maths,so if the Benteke deal went through,Liverpool would have to stump up 20-25million plus part ex Lambert and Enrique 30 mill + deal

I really wish somebody would shut this fat scouse word removed up permanently.

If I was making a list of people not to follow on twitter, he'd be near the top, just below Katie Hopkins and just above Robbie Savage. 

• Like 3

mick quinn@mickquinn1089 7m7 minutes ago

The Maths,so if the Benteke deal went through,Liverpool would have to stump up 20-25million plus part ex Lambert and Enrique 30 mill + deal

I really wish somebody would shut this fat scouse word removed up permanently.

If I was making a list of people not to follow on twitter, he'd be near the top, just below Katie Hopkins and just above Robbie Savage.

Someone retweeted his message :( i don't follow him guvnor!

A likely story! We all know you have a framed Mick Quinn shirt hanging on your wall. Size XXXXL.

Edit: Damn page break!

Edited by dAVe80
  • Like 1

Â