Christian Benteke

Kwan

Must say I thought I detected a rather alarming tendency to hoof the ball up field at every opportunity once Tekkers came on yesterday.

The whole team will need to re-learn how to play with him to get the best out of him.

Aye. I don't think it was coincidence that, shortly after coming on, we sat deep and looked to hoof/counter instead of keeping up the pressing in midfield.

It wouldn't have been the only reason though. As Man City put us under the cosh and legs got tired you do naturally start playing too deep. I'm not sure about Senderos, Clark or Westwood but I was shouting for them too push out and much quicker. I think it would have happened anyway just Beneteke is the obvious outlet who can get the ball and keep onto for a bit.
Why were you shouting for Clark to push out? He wasn't even playing.
Very harsh on the lad.

IMHO

Who? Clark?

Ah bollocks, In another thread I said Chelsea instead of Man City but that was because I was talking about chelsea as I typed. I have no idea why I said Clark though, maybe because he's usually at fault.

Having re read it again I still make more sense than I normally do when I open my mouth so thats a plus.

Must say I thought I detected a rather alarming tendency to hoof the ball up field at every opportunity once Tekkers came on yesterday.

The whole team will need to re-learn how to play with him to get the best out of him.

Aye. I don't think it was coincidence that, shortly after coming on, we sat deep and looked to hoof/counter instead of keeping up the pressing in midfield.

It wouldn't have been the only reason though. As Man City put us under the cosh and legs got tired you do naturally start playing too deep. I'm not sure about Senderos, Clark or Westwood but I was shouting for them too push out and much quicker. I think it would have happened anyway just Beneteke is the obvious outlet who can get the ball and keep onto for a bit.
Why were you shouting for Clark to push out? He wasn't even playing.
Very harsh on the lad.

IMHO

Who? Clark?
Ah bollocks, In another thread I said Chelsea instead of Man City but that was because I was talking about chelsea as I typed. I have no idea why I said Clark though, maybe because he's usually at fault.

Having re read it again I still make more sense than I normally do when I open my mouth so thats a plus.

Ah fair enough. Thought you were being very very harsh on Clark then.

It certainly has Benteke him a while to heal...

Just to give us a chance, which language are you speaking in?

Welcome to the painful world of VT punathons! Be afraid..be very afraid.

Guilty. It was a terrible pun, barely even a pun really. I asked the missus if it was funny and she didn't understand it, so thought that was a seal of approval.

Is he in the squad for Belgium tonight?

It certainly has Benteke him a while to heal...

Just to give us a chance, which language are you speaking in?

Welcome to the painful world of VT punathons! Be afraid..be very afraid.

Guilty. It was a terrible pun, barely even a pun really. I asked the missus if it was funny and she didn't understand it, so thought that was a seal of approval.

Is he in the squad for Belgium tonight?

It's my own fault for not reading the thread and jumping in. Benteke to the cleaners there.
  • Like 3

They say sarcasm is the lowest form of wit.

It seriously is not, it is the pun. Terrible, just terrible.

On Topic : Two weeks of solid training, another 30 minutes against Everton and a start against those useless shit munchers QPR I hope.

Sarcasm is the best!

It seriously is not, it is the pun.

Are you a fan of Ricky Gervais? That's basically a word-for-word quote. I think there are worse forms of wit than the pun, personally. Impressionists are right down there, for me.

Fully fit, he's a step up from Lukaku IMO. Much more subtlety and skill to his game.

Origi is still a bit raw to compare, but he looks a prospect.

I hope he gets back to the 2012/13 form. What a behemoth he was.

On Topic : Two weeks of solid training, another 30 minutes against Everton and a start against those useless shit munchers QPR I hope.

Sarcasm is the best!

Is that sarcastic?

Sarcasm is the best!
Is that sarcastic?
Nope, I'm just a very sarcastic person

Origi looks a great prospect. I wouldn't write off Lukaku though. I think Benteke edges it when all fully fit but frankly in very jealous of Belgium after watching Rooney and Welbeck for England.

Benteke to start against Everton? No Stones, no Coleman, Baines?.

• Like 1

Â