Leandro Bacuna

Jordanderve

He has posted this on instagram. No hard feelings on his side it seems. He let himself down here a few times and so did some of us as fans towards him. I am glad he has moved on but wish him well.

Edited by markavfc40

But we seem to groom them.....no doubt we are working on the next batch....are we ever going to reverse the trend?

i can remember a time when nearly every new recruit, got better with us.....many moons ago granted.

How can a player with so much unanimous fan  relief to see him go....have lasted 5 years.?

the mind boggles.

are we all wrong?

Edited by TRO

I don't understand the negativity towards Bacuna from the majority on here. For me, he always gave 100% and he did have his moments of quality during his time at the club. I'm actually quite sad to see him leave and also wish him all the best at Reading

• Like 2

My negativity towards him is based on the fact that he runs around like a headless chicken kicking the ball in different directions without thinking and being a constant liability for the team. On top of that I dislike his up-pumped macho style and behaviour towards opponents, officials and team mates.

That we managed to sell him and get a fee for him must be the best business we have done in quite a while.

Thanks a lot Jaap Stam!!

10 minutes ago, TRO said:

How can a player with so much unanimous fan  relief to see him go....have lasted 5 years.?

the mind boggles.

are we all wrong?

Hutton's been here for about 50 years. That'll be a very blessed day indeed.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I don't understand the negativity towards Bacuna from the majority on here. For me, he always gave 100% and he did have his moments of quality during his time at the club. I'm actually quite sad to see him leave and also wish him all the best at Reading

It's the same thing with Hutton. Both give 100%, but they just aren't good enough. Hutton is pretty woeful with his crossing and positioning. Bacuna's passing was so inconsistent, and he'd often be turning the ball over. If we want to get back into the Prem, Bacuna is not the type of player we should be using to achieve that goal.

Nothing against Bacuna personally, but he just wasn't good enough. 

57 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

He has posted this on instagram. No hard feelings on his side it seems. He let himself down here a few times and so did some of us as fans towards him. I am glad he has moved on but wish him well.

I've genuinely got no idea why he's posted that. The way he's been jeered and abused by villa fans over the last few seasons I'm not sure I'd be putting any message like that out there.

Good signing for Reading I think. Decent squad player and better than a lot of what we're left with.

Our transfer policy is worrying me at the moment. We seem to have let all our sellable players go and replaced them with players who will have no sell on value at all or with loanees. Seems like a huge balancing the books job this window for me.

If Kodjia has another good year I'd expect us to have to sell him next summer and then our squad really is lower half championship in its entirety.