Leandro Bacuna

Jordanderve

Also think his assist to KEA was very slick and covert, I know KEA looked offside which is arguable but the pass was very good.

Safe to say that although the overall play in the first half wasn't very good from everybody including Bacuna, he pretty much won the game for us with his assist and goal.

It really was a delicious assist. There's nothing arguable about the offside though. His foot is a yard off. Not that I give a toss

Also think his assist to KEA was very slick and covert, I know KEA looked offside which is arguable but the pass was very good.

Safe to say that although the overall play in the first half wasn't very good from everybody including Bacuna, he pretty much won the game for us with his assist and goal.

It really was a delicious assist. There's nothing arguable about the offside though. His foot is a yard off. Not that I give a toss

Of course we see this from the replays, but I mean in the sense that it wasn't exactly a dubious decision. KEA moved pretty quickly and it isn't surprising the ref 'got it wrong.'

As you say though, I don't give a toss either and it's about time that these decisions came our way rather than against us.

• Like 1

Fair play LondonVillian.

I'm glad Bacuna's showing some quality. Out of all of our signings, he was the one that was probably met with the least excitement, but he's looking decent.

I'd personally like to see him in a central role at some point, because that is supposedly his natural/ best position.

I'm impressed with how the lad has bounced back after what was a dreadful debut. It shows a great mentality that it didn't rock him and a great belief in himself. He didn't even look like a footballer in the Liverpool game but he was so influential all over the pitch against Man City. Not just the goal and assist. He was dispossessing people and running rings around them in midfield too, despite playing as a right wingback and he also didn't go missing in his primary role. Lowton has a job on his hands getting back into the side.

yes very very impressed with him the last two games and his set pieces and free kicks are a bonus. Pace and athletism are his strengths and his football will come on as he gets more games under his belt. Looks like a great signing.

Groningen fans were scratching their heads when we signed him because he's the butt of their jokes. I do wonder how the hell Lambert spots talent even from under the noses of people who you'd think would know what they've got.

Looks like Lambert has found another Gem.  I see a lot of raw ability in Bacuna.  He is very inconsistent but you can see that he can play.  He is quick, strong and athletic.  He has a great set piece and is comfortable running at a player.  Finally, he has a great attitude - actually reminds a bit of Milner in the way he keeps going even if it isn't his day.  All he needs is a manager to give him a chance and to give him that fire, motivation and belief.  Lambert is that man.

Bacuna will have his bad games but I think he will be a pretty important player for us.

I still think he will make a better box to box midfielder.

I'd say Lowton is telling Lambert that on a daily basis.

I just think he has a lot of energy and he shown that against Spurs, but he also isn't afraid of shooting or getting into the box. Currently he is at RB, but against the lesser sides I'd like to see him in midfield pushing forward.

Lowton has a job on his hands getting back into the side.

True.

I actually see Baccy as a great RB. He's a good athlete, great pace, and committed in the tackle. He's also decent when pressing forward. I'd like to think we can accomodate both Waccy Baccy and Lowton in the same side.  

I'd like to see Lowton get a run in central midfield, as I think he has good skills and awareness.

Peter Schmeichel has just said on MOTD 2:

"Bacuna, as soon as he scored. Straight to the manager. That manager is onto something right. They love him. They will be a force, Aston Villa, within a couple of years"

We were a bit like that under Gregory - Remember Carbone did something similar in a cup game. Ginola not so much.....

True.

I actually see Baccy as a great RB. He's a good athlete, great pace, and committed in the tackle. He's also decent when pressing forward. I'd like to think we can accomodate both Waccy Baccy and Lowton in the same side.  

I'd like to see Lowton get a run in central midfield, as I think he has good skills and awareness.

Bacuna, right? Hoping "Baccy" doesn't catch on.

Peter Schmeichel has just said on MOTD 2:

"Bacuna, as soon as he scored. Straight to the manager. That manager is onto something right. They love him. They will be a force, Aston Villa, within a couple of years"

We were a bit like that under Gregory - Remember Carbone did something similar in a cup game. Ginola not so much.....

Too tubby.

True.

Bacuna, right? Hoping "Baccy" doesn't catch on.

Especially if he falls out of favour, then it'll be "Baccy" in the "Bomb Squad".