Leandro Bacuna

Jordanderve

I don't want to rain on his parade, but this guy is the luckiest footballer i have seen. He did two good things the set up and he goal, but his overall play was very poor, and lowton is a much better right back and right wing back.. Don't get me wrong, he scored and he set one up, but he made so many positional mistakes i don't see how anyone can say he's a decent right back.

• Like 1

I think rb or wing back is his position.

Don't think he's technically good enough to play further up the pitch but with his athleticism he can defend well and run at players when attacking.

Although I don't think he's technically great his set pieces seem decent.

Strange that with limited technical ability one can strike a set piece like that?

Dunno why but i had a hunch that this guy would be the pick of the summer signings, i did pick him as my choice in the poll that was done asking which of the new signings we were most excited about. I reckon we have a real diamond in the rough. Delighted for him.

trust me if jores wasn't injured there wouldn't even be a debate or contest. Still bacuna looks like a steal

Dunno why but i had a hunch that this guy would be the pick of the summer signings, i did pick him as my choice in the poll that was done asking which of the new signings we were most excited about. I reckon we have a real diamond in the rough. Delighted for him.

trust me if jores wasn't injured there wouldn't even be a debate or contest. Still bacuna looks like a steal

Gutted about Okore still. I love the way he plays and the way he talks.

Okore -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-gz-yddE6Q

Don't think he's technically good enough to play further up the pitch but with his athleticism he can defend well and run at players when attacking.

Strange that with limited technical ability one can strike a set piece like that?

I do think he has technical ability, but hitting a dead ball is not the same as being technically good enough to play a position.

I think he will be good enough tbh. Just pointing it out.

If striking a set piece was the marker for being a great footballer, I would be playing top level myself :)

I do think he has technical ability, but hitting a dead ball is not the same as being technically good enough to play a position.

I think he will be good enough tbh. Just pointing it out.

If striking a set piece was the marker for being a great footballer, I would be playing top level myself :)

I see your point, and Big John's. My comment was not sarcastic. I do find it a little abnormal that his technical ability to take a set piece and his technical ability in his position don't go together. Usually they do. At least I think so. Is Bacuna nervous when he plays, does he not trust himself with the ball after his first disastrous outing?

I think he is very good at RB too, not so much going forward.

I don't want to rain on his parade, but this guy is the luckiest footballer i have seen. He did two good things the set up and he goal, but his overall play was very poor, and lowton is a much better right back and right wing back.. Don't get me wrong, he scored and he set one up, but he made so many positional mistakes i don't see how anyone can say he's a decent right back.

I just don't see that Lowton is the better RB.  All too often he's found watching the ball or being out of position.  On a number of occasions he's also been guilty of weak challenges at critical time - the latest example being the Paulinho goal in mid week.

Baccuna is strong in the challenge, doesn't ball watch and looks the far superior RB in my opinion.

Bacuna is still a little raw but has taken his chance well. Unlucky for Lowton, who's maybe suffering from second season syndrome and the weight of expectation.

I think Lowton is the better defender but Bacuna looks more comfortable in and around the box, which is where PL seems to like where his FB's are!

Cracking free-kick yesterday - MOTD had a Baines jizz-fest last week (tbf - they were cracking freekicks too!) but weren't so over-enthusiastic regarding Bacuna's, which for me was just as good (esp considering the England No.1 was rooted to his spot!)

I hope Leo can keep it going - he's a good acquisition for the team!

Remember his twitter account that got closed down at the start of the season, the club said it wasn't him but judging by the photos I think it was. Seems he loved it at Villa from the very start, you could see how annoyed he got at himself yesterday when he made a mistake.

• Like 1

Worth noting that the timing of his goal was so important.

Just before he took it albrighton and tonev were ready to come on. I'd dread to think how we'd have played with them two on.

Also think his assist to KEA was very slick and covert, I know KEA looked offside which is arguable but the pass was very good.

Safe to say that although the overall play in the first half wasn't very good from everybody including Bacuna, he pretty much won the game for us with his assist and goal.