Leandro Bacuna

Jordanderve

He was terrible, partly to blame for the goal, never tracked anyone into the box, just ambled round the pitch like hes the ref. Follows the ball everywhere rather than players. Hes like Hutton without the effort, get rid.

Make shift wide player who doesn't have the pace or technical ability to play the role. Not a winger so what's the point. No structure, no plan. If Bruce is adamant of playing with width he needs to sign more wingers. Adomah is probably the most natural wide player we have which in itself tells a story. 

On 14/01/2017 at 20:11, Dr_Pangloss said:

Ridiculous decision to play him on the left.

A right footed player who plays at right back or on the right hand side of midfield who has a crap left foot suddenly played wide left. Straight out of the Aston Villa playbook of totally random useless tactical decision making.

I have lost count over the years the number of crap decisions made by our managers.

5 minutes ago, KHV said:

A right footed player who plays at right back or on the right hand side of midfield who has a crap left foot suddenly played wide left. Straight out of the Aston Villa playbook of totally random useless tactical decision making.

I have lost count over the years the number of crap decisions made by our managers.

Agreed.

Amavi aside, do we actually have anyone else with a left foot than could play in midfield or out wide?

On 14/01/2017 at 21:20, Stevo985 said:

I think he was our worst. Gabby maybe pipped him.

No way - think that's your personal feelings getting in the way.

Bacuna was trying to make things happen all game - the only one in that midfield who was IMO.  Whilst being played out wide left too.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Xela said:

Agreed.

Amavi aside, do we actually have anyone else with a left foot than could play in midfield or out wide?

No we dont. The last time we had a decent attacking left footer was Stewart Downing

2 hours ago, bobzy said:

No way - think that's your personal feelings getting in the way.

Bacuna was trying to make things happen all game - the only one in that midfield who was IMO.  Whilst being played out wide left too.

Was he?

Every attack stopped at him.

He was garbage against Wolves. he rarely plays any other way unless h'es RB

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Was he?

Every attack stopped at him.

He was garbage against Wolves. he rarely plays any other way unless h'es RB

Yeah, he was.  I'm not saying he had a great game, but he was trying to get things moving.  I noticed quite a few passes in between midfield and defence out to Hutton - some of them worked, some of them didn't (one didn't and lead to a dangerous break by Wolves).

But no-one else was even trying this - just passes along the midfield or defence.  Our attacking play was so, so sluggish.