Leandro Bacuna

Jordanderve

16 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

Thought he contributed a lot yesterday in nullifying Trippier. He was asked to play full back when Spurs attacked with Amavi tucking in alongside Baker and Chester. 

Hutton and Adomah were tasked with the same role and didn't look anywhere near as comfortable as Amavi and Bacuna looked against arguably a more dangerous player.

For me he follows instructions too rigidly at times. He didn't overlap Amavi at all and didn't really bust a gut to get down the wing because I think he was wary of his defensive task.

To be fair that is true. He was defending a lot, as was Adomah, and that limited their attacking ability.

And I've said before I think the only time he performs well for us is at full back, so that's not overly surprising.

So I'll revise my comment above with the caveat of "when he's playing as an attacker".

It's true that he's done well in defence before. but that always seems to prompt him being played further up, where he's crap, then he's dropped to the bench and the cycle repeats.

He basically played as a secondary left back yesterday. A role he did far better at than Adomah did on the other side.

He's never going to be the first name on the team sheet and his versatility is actually detrimental to his development as a player. I think if he was given a significant run of games his best position probably would be the right of midfield in a flat 4-4-2 but Adomah has got that nailed down.

I think Bacuna is decent. He does a lot that the supporters don't really appreciate. Defensively he is solid and can cover almost any spot on the pitch. I also really like how he looks to get the ball forward when he gets the ball. His passing lets him down, but his vision is great. If it didn't take him 4 tries to get one great pass off, he'd be quality. I still think he should be playing next to Jedinak in our midfield. Bacuna doesn't shy away from challenges which I like. Bacuna-Jedinak-Lansbury would be great and very well rounded. 

There's a section of the article about us signing this Bree lad saying that Bacuna is our best option at RB but he's likely to leave having been linked with a move away. But I can't see any articles or any other mention of him leaving anywhere at all. 

Anyone heard anything ??

4 minutes ago, skarroki said:

There's a section of the article about us signing this Bree lad saying that Bacuna is our best option at RB but he's likely to leave having been linked with a move away. But I can't see any articles or any other mention of him leaving anywhere at all. 

Anyone heard anything ??

there was some talk of a Turkish club being interested, a Chinese club and some Portuguese clubs was all the tittle tattle I'd heard. Nothing concrete worth linking to, just internet pages full of adverts.

Just now, VILLAMARV said:

there was some talk of a Turkish club being interested, a Chinese club and some Portuguese clubs was all the tittle tattle I'd heard. Nothing concrete worth linking to, just internet pages full of adverts.

Can I just say that I can see my mistake there and add that some internet pages full of adverts are bloody brilliant though obviously.....

12 minutes ago, VILLAMARV said:

I think if he leaves he'd go back to Holland surely? But I don't see him going anyway. Thanks for clarifying the links though :)

Reports circulating in Holland today have linked Leandro Bacuna with a move to Portugal or China, with a number of clubs monitoring his current situation at Villa Park.

The report by Voetbal International states that there is concrete interest from clubs in China and Portugal, as well as claiming that Turkish side Trabzonspor are rumoured to be interested in the 25-year-old.

today was the 6th Jan

• Like 1

Thought he was potentially our best player today.  Enthusiastic in closing down, always looked to play the ball between players rather than across them (enough though this once backfired badly) and tried to keep things going.

Not a great game, of course, but better than anything else in that midfield/forward area.

• Like 2

I think I have run out of rants against Bacuna. Fair play to him today, he wasn't awful and actually had a couple of good moments. Nevertheless, he also had a couple of his trademark stupid passes, just luck that it didn't result in more goals against us. He just makes such a stupid impression. Is he in the team because he works hard in training and runs quite much during the games? We had 4 midfielders on the bench, and he plays the whole game. It must be so demoralizing sitting on the bench seeing him play. 

3 minutes ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

I think I have run out of rants against Bacuna. Fair play to him today, he wasn't awful and actually had a couple of good moments. Nevertheless, he also had a couple of his trademark stupid passes, just luck that it didn't result in more goals against us. He just makes such a stupid impression. Is he in the team because he works hard in training and runs quite much during the games? We had 4 midfielders on the bench, and he plays the whole game. It must be so demoralizing sitting on the bench seeing him play. 

I don't think anyone on that bench could argue tbfh.

18 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Thought he was potentially our best player today.  Enthusiastic in closing down, always looked to play the ball between players rather than across them (enough though this once backfired badly) and tried to keep things going.

Not a great game, of course, but better than anything else in that midfield/forward area.

He does absolutely nothing when he gets the ball. He's blagging being a central midfielder and he's a big reason why we're shite. He looks pleased with himself if he makes a sideways pass and just stands there with no movement. 

5 minutes ago, praisedmambo said:

He does absolutely nothing when he gets the ball. He's blagging being a central midfielder and he's a big reason why we're shite. He looks pleased with himself if he makes a sideways pass and just stands there with no movement. 

Disagree entirely - most of his passing (or attempted passes) were out to Hutton or Amavi and in a forward direction, trying to get them to run on to the ball.  He was pretty much classic pass and move.

• Like 1