Leandro Bacuna

Jordanderve

2 hours ago, Keyblade said:

He's been great coming in from the left lately, props to him. But he will forever be an unmitigated disaster in the middle. I hope he can prove me wrong though.

I thought he looked decent second half in there. 

I think after the way grealish and McCormack linked up we'll be seeing him in the middle thursday night

2 hours ago, sexbelowsound said:

No way. Nobody on our team was a country mile better than anyone else.

I don't even remember who I voted for in the matchday forum, possibly Grealish. I could even suggest Ayew for two moments of brilliance alone, but I'm fine with somebody saying Bacuna. There were some good performances and a couple of utterly dreadful ones amplified by a complete lack of a central midfield. 

Most weeks it seems to me that we're playing with 9 good players and a couple of bodies who's only use is to make up the numbers, which is why I feel so confident that we are close to being a very good side. Bacuna could be a part of that, in fact depending where we bolster in January I could see him slipping back into a right back position. 

• Like 2

Just a few stats. 

Bacuna touched the ball more than anyone else on our team. He attempted more passes than anyone else on our team. His pass completion was 85% and he made 7 clearances (same amount as Chester) won a couple of aerial battles and scored a goal. 

To say others were miles ahead is laughable. There were a few good performances against Burton and he was clearly one of them. 

He's an athlete with limited ability - as a result, confidence plays a big part in his ability to perform and will dictate whether he looks good or awful. 

When he's on he's definitely a threat at this level and he needs to keep his place in the team while he's performing.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, sexbelowsound said:

No way. Nobody on our team was a country mile better than anyone else.

That depends on whether or not a country mile the same distance as an urban mile, or closer to a nautical mile