Leandro Bacuna

Jordanderve

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

He can move. This instantly makes him 90% better than Westwood and Gardner.

He doesn't have the discipline to play centre mid in a 2, unfortunately. If he did he'd instantly be the best of a very poor bunch. 

He was class in the first half but faded as the game wore on. Absolute bullet of a header, Champions League class ;)

1 minute ago, tismyk said:

Were you actually at the game?

I was he was the best midfielder for us.  He did his defensive job well and got forward to score.  He misplaced a couple of passes but overall I would give  him 8 out of 10.  

• Like 1

Played well today. Probably our best midfield option ahead of Gardener and Westwood. 

However we have probably found his level,  like the other two aforementioned we need to upgrade if we want to move on. He would then be my squad player ahead of Gardner or Westwood. 

• Like 1

Just seen his goal, great stuff. Good bit of footwork wide left, switches the play and makes a cracking run in to the back post and meets the cross with a superb header. He's cemented his spot in the side over the last two games.

• Like 1

I'd rather move him inside and have Grealish/Ayew in the side than have him wide with Gardner/Westwood in the middle. He's the type of CM we've been calling out for, someone to support the attack a bit more. Maybe not the most disciplined in the World, but his overall game is better than that of Gardner/Westwood.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, S-Platt said:

I was he was the best midfielder for us.  He did his defensive job well and got forward to score.  He misplaced a couple of passes but overall I would give  him 8 out of 10.  

Did you watch what he did to close down the cross that led to Burtons goal and the dozens of passes to the opposition ( although Gardner and worst of all Jedinak were as bad), he will never make a midfielder and an even worse right back.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, tismyk said:

Did you watch what he did to close down the cross that led to Burtons goal and the dozens of passes to the opposition ( although Gardner and worst of all Jedinak were as bad), he will never make a midfielder and an even worse right back.

If players are perfect they play for Barca or Real Madrid.  He was the best of our midfield yesterday sure he will make mistakes all players at this level do but he gave 100% at both ends of the pitch.  Baker was was my man of the match but he was out of position chasing the ball for their goal from my position in the Trinity.  

• Like 1

14 hours ago, S-Platt said:

I'm with you as well. MOTM. 

Yes he has limitations, but bacuna is a massive confidence player. When he is high on confidence he is good and plays the game with good pace and looks to get forward.

When he is low on confidence he is awful and hides from the ball.

I personally thought last season he was singled out for some truly vile abuse and it destroyed him. It was also unfair as everyone was dog last year!!

At this level he is definitely a handy squad player to have.

Drove forward yesterday and played with intent. Yes his final ball usually isn't great and often loses his way when driving forward but that directness is so much more than crabs Westwood and Gardner give and lifts the crowd

• Like 1

As discussed in the midfield thread, all of Gardner, Westwood, and Jedinak want to occupy the same area of the pitch, and offer very little running ability. 

Bacuna has huge flaws in his game, he is incredibly frustrating at times, and as is noted above, the Championship is about his level. 

But just on the basis that he offers us something that none of the other 3 do, i think i would find a place for him until our options are improved. 

Bacuna would be my MOTM yesterday, yes he's not the best midfielder in the world, and we should be looking to bring two strong midfielders in January... but yesterday he did a job that no one else is currently doing.

I would have Bacuna in the side over Gardner or Westwood everyday of the week. And once the midfield is sorted I would move him to right back until we either buy someone else or get De Laet back.

Just because he isn't the player we want in the midfield no one can deny that he had a good game for us yesterday.

17 hours ago, poitier said:

Glad to see that he is having some positive impact, I've always liked him despite his limitations.

I think he is a good player for us though the problem has been that he is hit and miss in his career. He has always followed up a good game with a poor game. think the drop in level has been a benefit to him

1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

Yes, thanks. Did you manage to get there?

Who was better?

Got the official man of the match as well, so plenty of people who were at the match voted for him. 

Yes I was and for the last 49 years, official motm no fans vote for him its a sponsor thing as you should know.