Leandro Bacuna

Jordanderve

I thought both fullbacks were the worst players on the pitch for the first 20-25 minutes but then both grew into it.

Bacuna is a great squad player but there's no way he should be a consistent starter.

Not specifically replying to any one poster, but I'm puzzled by all of the posts which begin by stating something like 'he isn't a right back'. I guess not, but he did play there for basically the entirety of last season, no? So he should be fairly familiar with the role and what it requires. It's not like he's being asked to fill in fixing instruments on the International Space Station. 

Not specifically replying to any one poster, but I'm puzzled by all of the posts which begin by stating something like 'he isn't a right back'. I guess not, but he did play there for basically the entirety of last season, no? So he should be fairly familiar with the role and what it requires. It's not like he's being asked to fill in fixing instruments on the International Space Station.

All the trouble came down the other side last night though. I remember Leo making a good challenge on Berahino and then Lawro saying great challenge but he should be better on the ball after.

He isn't a world beater, he isn't a right-back. However, in times of need he pops up and puts the ball in the net, or he makes a good challenge.

He should be deputy to Sinclair on the left flank as a wide forward IMO.

He got himself into a few defensive scrapes yesterday but managed to get himself out of them, part luck, part body strength.

His passing was awful, but that just means he will play some great passes next time, if past inconsistency is anything to go by.

Criticism for the sake of it. He did a good job. Defense kept a clean sheet. The right hand side was dangerous offensively. Made the challenge that got their player sent off. Gave his all. 9/10.

Edited by momo

Agreed that he improved in the second half and perhaps it is unfair to criticise when we won again. But as stated he for me is not good enough. The fact that we dont know where his best position is is because he has never performed consistently anywhere (I know he has been moved about)  

He is an group with Weimann and Cissokho in the current squad who are not technically good enough and also dont use their endeavour to great effect.