Aleksander Tonev

HalfTimePost

our home form is verging on poor.

we haven't played at home yet...*

except Malaga in pre-season, which we won.

*obviously you mean from last season, but is that really relevant?

We've been poor at home for longer than I care to remember, not just last season, we now have the players to not play counter attack football every game. If we want to improve we need to add another dimension to our style, hopefully Saturday may show that, although Liverpool will surely be on the front foot as they have ambitions themselves.

I'd drop weimman for him on Saturday.

Give him a chance and weimman a rest and a little kick up the arse.

Yep my thoughts as well, Liverpool push on from the back, Tonev's pace may mean he gets in behind Enrique and could really cause damage.

Weimann has good defensive qualities too - I think Lambert will play him against a strong Liverpool squad.

Though our lack of rotation frustrates me, it's a risk breaking up our front three in a match we will be doing well to win

Lets give all the newbies a run in the Carling Cup.

I remember reading that Liverpool were so impressed with Weimann's performance, movement, intelligence, not to mention the goal against them last season in the 3-1 win that they were seriously considering bidding for him in the summer particularly if we'd ended up going down. I don't think there's any chance of Tonev replacing him for that of all games.

I remember reading that Liverpool were so impressed with Weimann's performance, movement, intelligence, not to mention the goal against them last season in the 3-1 win that they were seriously considering bidding for him in the summer particularly if we'd ended up going down. I don't think there's any chance of Tonev replacing him for that of all games.

But Tonev offers pace , Shooting and some dribblings !

Different kind of players which only could make the team stronger and change the way of playing .. Add to that he's unknown quality to us nevermind other teams !

I'm not sure if Lambert might change him .. But I'm really hoping to see him on the wing .. He could shoot and play with both legs .. maybe only Gabby who could do that and not perfectly !

Weimann has good defensive qualities too - I think Lambert will play him against a strong Liverpool squad.

Though our lack of rotation frustrates me, it's a risk breaking up our front three in a match we will be doing well to win

Lets give all the newbies a run in the Carling Cup.

lack of rotation? We've only played 2 games lol.

I'd drop weimman for him on Saturday.

Give him a chance and weimman a rest and a little kick up the arse.

what's he done wrong? Very unlucky not to score yesterday and tracks back brilliantly.  Defenders hate him.  His movement and attitude is class.  Got to keep the same team IMO.  If it aint broke, dont fix it.

Wiemann has looked well off his best form to be honest, but I wouldn't drop him yet given the standard of opposition  he's been up against. Given him the Liverpool and Rotherham games before benching him, a goal will likely spark him into action, and he might well get it at the weekend

Wiemann has looked well off his best form to be honest, but I wouldn't drop him yet given the standard of opposition  he's been up against. Given him the Liverpool and Rotherham games before benching him, a goal will likely spark him into action, and he might well get it at the weekend

But wouldn't you say that is because of the high standard he has set himself?

But wouldn't you say that is because of the high standard he has set himself?

Not really, he's not really pulled up trees by anyone's standards the first two games

Weimman has looked pretty poor so far. Work rate is brilliant but has lacked quality and missed two fantastic chances to score.

He's a key player for us but I don't think it would hurt to rest him after 2 games where he's run himself into the ground and give him a little reminder he has some competition this year.

Â