Aleksander Tonev

HalfTimePost

Hopefully as he gets more time in the team, he'll mentally relax a bit more and stop trying to prove how good he is every time he gets the ball - his desperation to get a shot away means that at the moment he's running up blind alleys to try and get into a position where he can hit it, he's ignoring crossing opportunities and he's not passing the ball. When you give it to him, he's not going to give it back. Once someone knocks that out of him and gets him playing with the rest of the team I think he'll be fine - if he can't do that, he'll be gone.

• 2 weeks later...

He's not in the team for tonight's game, did he pick up an injury against Italy as he normally starts

Don't think so as he finished the Italy game but he was one of the poorer performers in it apparently, so he has probably been dropped.

Edited by Isa

i think it would be wrong to break up the gabby/tekkers/andi frontline unless through injury, im intrigued to see tonev play, and, in a way, im kinda hoping he can be the new petrov, so maybe adapt to centre of the park? now i know we shouldnt break up westy/syl/delph, but if one does get subbed to changed to a more attacking centre midfield, then i hope to see tonev step in

• Like 1

He's only really been brought on late in a game, when we're chasing and trying to grab a goal (apart from Rotherham), so it's almost as though he's coming on with a massive sense of urgency and to take pot shot, hoping one of them goes in. It'd be good to see him get a longer run out without the need to get something so quickly, so that we can really see what kind of player he is. It's obviously a risk to start him but it'd be good to see him get some proper game time.

I'd like to see him start against Norwich in place of Weimann. And I'd like to see him focus on flying down the wings and putting crosses in, rather than cutting in to shoot from distance. (However I secretly hope each time he cuts in that he's going to score a worldy.)

• Like 2

I'd like to see him start against Norwich in place of Weimann. And I'd like to see him focus on flying down the wings and putting crosses in, rather than cutting in to shoot from distance. (However I secretly hope each time he cuts in that he's going to score a worldy.)

I agree drop weiman give him a go from the start.

KEA for Sylla too

I know people may well get frustrated with him but I've just got this feeling that he could well just explode into life... He has ability, he's quick, he can score goals and if he gets his head up more assists will come too (Which Lambert etc will drill into him)... I'd play him in for Weimann to give him a break, this is what the squads for... I look forward to him smashing in a worldy at Old Trafford to win it in the last few minutes! :3

Â