Aleksander Tonev

HalfTimePost

Can't beleive the negativity!

Really positive, looking to make an impression and make things happen. He's hardly played with his team, give him a chance. Rather him get a chance than Albrighton on this showing. Good squad addition.

• Like 1

Given that it was just his 3rd or 4th run out with the team, some shakiness is expected, but there's something there. I would like to see him do more defensive work though. A lot of times he was just standing around.

But can definitely get past a player and once he gets his timing right, i think he's got a pretty good pass on him too.

Didn't go today but the comments largely support what I think...he's better out wide and he's not ready yet to be a first 11 player. Wouldn't be a huge shock anyway as it makes sense to start the season with the front trio that kept us up second half of last season.

Still could be a good impact sub off the bench.

Watched him closely in the last 2 games . He looks like a player that could be very frustrating for a team, especially when a game is not going your way.

He tends to lose possession a lot, shoots from distance when a pass would be the better option. He doesn't seem to track back.

He also looks like a player who can deliver a bit of magic.

It will all depend on which will outweigh the other - the frustrating tonev or the magical tonev.

To be honest I'm a bit sceptical about him at the moment but willing to give him the season to show us what he can do.

Edited by redrum

Watched him closely in the last 2 games . He looks like a player that could be very frustrating for a team, especially when a game is not going your way.

He tends to lose possession a lot, shoots from distance when a pass would be the better option. He doesn't seem to track back.

He also looks like a player who can deliver a bit of magic.

It will all depend on which will outweigh the other - the frustrating tonev or the magical tonev.

To be honest I'm a bit sceptical about him at the moment but willing to give him the season to show us what he can do.

A lot of the players who has ability to pull off the magical stuff tend to have their very frustating downsides...N'Zogbia is very good example of this.

Thought he was alright today, mostly every time I saw him have a run with the ball I said to my dad "he's going to shoot" which he did pretty much every time, which isn't exaclty bad but was annoying.

I definitely see the potential, he just needs to relax a bit. Also, if he's gonna be taking our corners I really hope he works on them. All of them except the goal were pretty poor. 

Way too greedy for a team that relies so much on quick attacks, teamwork and quick passing. He gets the ball and looks to see what he can do  on it first and then any potential pass comes second or not at all. I suspect lambert will try and curb that but yea hes seems like a very hot and cold player, will frustrate you for 85 minutes and then produce a wonder strike or a magic bit of play.

Wasn't that impressed with him today, but given that he still managed a couple of assists and I expect that he'll calm down and improve, he could become a good player for us.

I thought he looked good today - first time I've really seen him play.

You seem to have mixed views... :unsure:

i have mixed views on him too.

He looked good at times.. and too selfish at other times.. i remember him slicing through the middle and had Benteke on the left and Wiemann on the right and he chose to blast it. Wrong option. Did that a few times. Put that down to eagerness to impress or selfishness. Time will tell. Im sure Lambo will let him have it if he keeps doing it.

Wasn't that impressed with him today, but given that he still managed a couple of assists and I expect that he'll calm down and improve, he could become a good player for us.

I thought he looked good today - first time I've really seen him play.

You seem to have mixed views... :unsure:

Whoops.  I think that the latter was supposed to be in the Jores Okore thread.  My bad!

Â