Aleksander Tonev

HalfTimePost

Weimman has looked pretty poor so far. Work rate is brilliant but has lacked quality and missed two fantastic chances to score.

He's a key player for us but I don't think it would hurt to rest him after 2 games where he's run himself into the ground and give him a little reminder he has some competition this year.

He was great against liverpool in the 3-1 last season, so i think he should play there, and rotherham represents a great opportunity to bag a goal or two, so i'd play him in that too, at least for 60 minutes. If he's still not performing, then I'd give him a few games off and try Tonev

I remember reading that Liverpool were so impressed with Weimann's performance, movement, intelligence, not to mention the goal against them last season in the 3-1 win that they were seriously considering bidding for him in the summer particularly if we'd ended up going down. I don't think there's any chance of Tonev replacing him for that of all games.

But Tonev offers pace , Shooting and some dribblings !

Different kind of players which only could make the team stronger and change the way of playing .. Add to that he's unknown quality to us nevermind other teams !

I'm not sure if Lambert might change him .. But I'm really hoping to see him on the wing .. He could shoot and play with both legs .. maybe only Gabby who could do that and not perfectly !

Lambert would be mad to tinker with the front 3 without reason to. If one of them is knackered then fine, but if not, I'd leave well enough alone! They're the best part of the team.

Weimman has looked pretty poor so far. Work rate is brilliant but has lacked quality and missed two fantastic chances to score.

He's a key player for us but I don't think it would hurt to rest him after 2 games where he's run himself into the ground and give him a little reminder he has some competition this year.

Spot on. 

Step up Tonev.

Weimann can have a complete stinker and then pop up with a goal or an assist out of nothing (much like Benteke, but not quite so prolific).

Keep him in. Tonev looks like an impact sub ATM.

If people are scared of some line up changes, then there really is no point having a squad

A starting 11 should be tweaked to be it's best against each opposition we face

but we've only played 2 games and we won one 3-1 and got robbed the other.  Why change it already?

If people are scared of some line up changes, then there really is no point having a squad

but we've only played 2 games and we won one 3-1 and got robbed the other.  Why change it already?

Three games in the first week of the season ..

+ Playing an unknown players against Liverpool who are not awared of his pace and shots ..

Isn't there also a three week gap coming up? It's got to be the usual three---they have a balance and an understanding. 

+ Playing an unknown players against Liverpool who are not awared of his pace and shots ..

You know teams do scout reports on the opposition.. 

You know teams do scout reports on the opposition.. 

Yeah but still .. Could be even a surprise for Liverpool team as Weimann is the most likely to start anyway ..

We have a cup game next week too don't we?

No .. It's the week after ..

Liverpool game is in 24th .. Newcastle 14th Sep .. 

If I'm not mistaken the cup game is around 4th Sep ..

cup game is 28th august (next wednesday)

What did you guys think of Tonev today? I liked him more after all the YouTube clips than I do now. Now I think he thinks he's better than he is. He tries to be a hero and score by himself. He has no connection with his teammates on the attack. When he doesn't shoot he has no idea what to do with the ball, which result in silly passes. I thought he was very disappointing, and in a kind of a way that I don't think it will turn around. He's just not good enough for the role he's seeking.

Edited by AVTuco

Tbh most of our attacking wasnt good .. apart from gabby .. watching weimann this game or even benteke for the first time will not rate them today .. well benteke did two good chances ..

So for tonev yo come when liverpool defending .. its unfair judging him .. as in these cases we need some individual attack ..add to that it was only 20 mins ..

Some could argue with helenius assist though ..

Anyway we were against a top side after all ..

Â