Crying over a movie

villarule123

'Mary and Max' - several moments in there - not just the end.

'Sixth Sense' - where Cole is in the car with his Mom near the end. When his Mom says 'Do I make her proud?'. She realises then that Cole must be telling the truth about seeing the ghost of his grandma. Also the 'you were never second' line.

'Man on Fire' - the end for sure but also the scene where Pita gives him the present - for some reason.

Bad Grandpa but that was more to do with the fact I realised about 5 minutes in that I had paid £15.00 for me and the other half to watch that crap. Jonny Knoxville would have been crying if I had seen him when I was coming out of the cinema..............................

I've become a lot more emotional in the last few years. It's like a switch has been flicked. Normally I'd watch the saddest film and it wouldn't bother me. Now I seriously well up.

If I'm watching a film with my girlfriend I'll hold it in. But on my own, I don't mind shedding a few tears!

• 6 months later...

Rocky movies made me cry twice

Once when Mickey died in Rocky 3 and the same in Rocky 4 when Apollo died

What a tearjerker

I also nearly cried in Predator 1 as well when Jesse Ventura died he was a god damn sexual tyrannosaurus

Edited by AshVilla
  • Like 1

There was a film called "The Killing Fields" back in the mid 80's, based on a true story and friendship between a NY Times journalist and a Cambodian journalist who was captured by the Khmer Rouge. 

Real waterworks scene toward the end.

Said it before, I'll say it again, Reign Over Me got me, the scene with the in laws in the court house hallway after the verdict. Such a release of emotion.

Her nearly had me towards the end.

• Like 1

There was a film called "The Killing Fields" back in the mid 80's, based on a true story and friendship between a NY Times journalist and a Cambodian journalist who was captured by the Khmer Rouge. 

Real waterworks scene toward the end.

Yes me too at end when the journalist was reunited with Pran. Probably my all time favourite war film. 

I cry in just about any movie - though I never let my wife or kids see it.

Case in point: LOTR the 2 towers (watched it recently on DVD with my daughter). Nothing to get upset in that one, really. However there is one point where the King of Rohan regains his right mind and realises his son is dead. At his grave, while keeping his composure, he utters the words:

"No parent should have to bury their child"

and bursts into uncontrollable sobs.....

... bloody hard not to join him.

When I was a kid ET made me cry. Also I cried when optimus prime died in Transformers The Movie. The real Movie from the 80s.

Shed a tear twice since then. Once in Shindlers List - spoiler alert - When he is pleading for forgiveness from the people he saved for not saving more. Powerful stuff. The other was the end of Big Fish when the son finally understands his father and tells him the story of his death. It hit a note with me because of my own relationship with my father, how close we are now but weren't when I was younger.

That's the lot. Prime dying was probably the worst of the lot for me.

His face when they get to the fields of Pelenor and he knows they're all going to die. Then he gives epic speech to rally the Rohirim. "To Death". movie should have ended there. The rest was all downhill

It's more songs than films for me. 

When I get involved in a jam session, there's some songs I'd really like to play, but I can't because I know I'll choke. Exacerbated by the current state of the world, this is one of them: 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JuBclFFeOg

If anyone has never seen Les Mis here is a synopsis for you:

Act 1: Guy steals bread, guy gets let free after 19 years, police guy chases bread guy for skipping parole after release from bread prison, bread guy becomes mayor under false identity, bread guy stops being mayor cos he reveals his identity, a woman loses her job because she gets an innocuous letter about money she's sending to Borat and his wife to look after her small annoying daughter and she inexplicably blames that on bread guy, woman becomes prostitute and has all her hair cut off, bread guy rescues woman, woman dies leaving annoying daughter behind who starts singing about castles n shit, bread guy vows to look after woman's annoying daughter, other guy chases after the bread guy again, other guy starts singing about stars and shit cos he's all 'he broke the law and I is laak the law blud'.

Act 2: A bunch of students revolt against the French ruling class and start singing about 2 different colours, one of the students falls in love with annoying prostitute daughter girl when he meets her through some fencing around the house of bread guy and pretty much abandons the revolution for fence woman, the students capture police guy at a barricade they make and bread guy lets him go free, the revolution goes well tits up and everyone dies except bread guy and lovey student because bread guy risks his life for lovey student to keep fence girl happy even though they only just met, bread guy and lovey student bump into police guy and police guy lets them go and then has an existential crisis and jumps off of a dam and he dies, lovey student sings some shit about tables and chairs because he's now all depressed that all his friends are dead, lovey student quickly gets over this and marries fence woman, bread guy dies, fence woman and lovey student live happily ever after even though everyone they ever loved is dead all their enemies are dead and they all died for pretty much no reason at all.

so basically its about bread.   brown or white?

Â