Crying over a movie

villarule123

A few of you have said Shawshank. It's a while since I've seen it but what part is even remotely tear-jerking in that movie? I can't recall one :?

The very end of the film when they embrace, that's what got me!

So simple yet effective

• Like 1

A few of you have said Shawshank. It's a while since I've seen it but what part is even remotely tear-jerking in that movie? I can't recall one :?

The very end of the film when they embrace, that's what got me!

So simple yet effective

I'm assuming that's the scene that everyone is referring to. The power of friendship and all. The fact that they were both free. 

I find it very hard to cry at all (break ups and funerals mainly), and genuinely don't think I have ever cried at a film.. The missis is different, will go at a lot. She cried during Ted, the scene at the stadium

Edited by mikeyp102

I find it very hard to cry at all (break ups and funerals mainly), and genuinely don't think I have ever cried at a film.. The missis is different, will go at a lot. She cried during Ted, the scene at the stadium

I cried during Ted. The scene where they have to clear up after the hooker. I think it might have been different sort of tears though.

What others have said

Forrest Gump at thingies grave

Up - that opening segment first time around 

Life is Beautiful at the end

The Green Mile

I think Lion King first time round probably upset me when i was obviously much younger. 

all criers first time - or welling up at least. MEN CRY GODDAMMIT. 

The end of Saving Private Ryan got me, the old guy staring at the graves. I'd previously been to that particular memorial site & was with my grandad and the look on his face was very similar to that of the old guy in the film. Was fairly hard to hold back the tears.

50/50 was close, watching it with my friends, laughing along and then that bit happened and it just went really silent in the room, till someone said something like "woah that was tough/intense" think we we're all feeling the same especially as one of the lads dads had dies of it a few years back.

• Like 1

Forrest Gumps sad bit is when she tells him it's his son and he asks if he's smart.  

Green Mile had me when I was a 14 year old lad, i was sat in my parents living room on my own and watched it when ITV digital was on, balled my eyes out! :)

A few movies get a lump in my throat or a tear in my eye, but I can't remember which ones. 

The closest I've come to cry watching a movie was when I watched Forrest Gump, when he stands in front of Jenny's grave and talks to her.

yeah that's a kicker im with you on that one

the end of Man on Fire is heart wrenching aswell

but the only film to make me shed one is Return to Paradise starring Joaquin Phoenix and Vince Vaughn

it probably was because i was quite young but the ending of that film really affected me at the time

ive seen it since and it still hits me hard!

I cried when the procession of emperor penguins lead Danny DeVito's body into his watery grave at the end of Batman Returns.  The penguins just looked... so sad.

• 4 weeks later...

I never felt so cheated when watching a film than I felt when watching Saving Private Ryan. You could see the machine ticking along - wince here, laugh here, cry here, here is some John Williams music to help in case you are too thick to figure it out. Horrid.

I walked out of the theater in the middle of that movie, it was so bad. 

The scene where Mercedes starts humming the lullaby at the end of Pan's Labyrinth, and in GDT's earlier film, The Devil's Backbone, the Doctor's soliloquy both get me every time. Also, pretty much the entirety of The Wrestler. Stuff like Hotel Rwanda, The Boy in the Striped Pajamas and such always upset me because of the utter incomprehensibility of the human capacity for inhumanity, while on the other side of the coin, 8 1/2 always makes me cry from the sheer joy and beauty of it. You should've seen the looks I got from my friends and family the first time I made them watch it.   

• Like 1

50/50 got me. Eight Below as well...cannae handle a movie where animals die.

Myself and the girl friend are always going to cinema and I've never cried but when Darlan (race horse owned by JP McManus ) died there a few months back I was watery eyed :(

• Like 1

Â