Crying over a movie

villarule123

since becoming a parent i have become a right soppy so n so

not realy saw a movie lately thats got to me but watched ' Extreme Makeover Home Edition ' yesterday..there was a couple with an extremely strong daughter..both the parents were LAPD but the mom had got shot on duty the bullet went through her spine so she was stuck in a wheel chair..she wss saying how its the little things like putting her daughter to bed or chasing round the house after her daughter that that gets to her the most

seriously had to hold it in

yep, since being a parent i've become a lot more emotional

• Like 1

• 5 years later...

Without going back over this thread, perhaps unsurprisingly I admit to crying over just about anything. If anything has an emotional wrench particular death of a loved on I am done. Last series of After Life. Every single episode. No shame. 

• Like 2

There’s only been a couple of films that have ever made me cry, plenty make me sad but not many bring actual tears. Those films are Watership Down (1978) very dark film for kids to watch and that part where Hazel dies and the black rabbit comes to take her, bright eyes plays, and I’m crying! Even now at 40 years old. 

and When the Wind Blows by Raymond Biggs. It’s just so sad that the old couple don’t understand what’s happening to them as they slowly die from radiation poisoning. I hadn’t seen it in years but my daughter bought me the DVD recently, and it still makes me cry. 

On 17/08/2014 at 16:51, useless said:

You might not understand unless you've seen the rest of the 'incredible journey'.

Just saw the same question asked on reddit with over fourteen thousand replies and this scene was the very top answer. Haven't seen it in a long time, makes me want to watch it again... Have been enjoying a lot of movies recently with talking animals... Ninja Turtles, Love and Peace, Paddington, Babe.

17 minutes ago, useless said:

Just saw the same question asked on reddit with over fourteen thousand replies and this scene was the very top answer. Haven't seen it in a long time, makes me want to watch it again... Have been enjoying a lot of movies recently with talking animals... Ninja Turtles, Love and Peace, Paddington, Babe.

I was watching this with my daughter and I was in floods. 

21 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

I was watching this with my daughter and I was in floods. 

Damn, I was going to mention "Homeward Bound The Incredible Journey". Used to have to hide my face or go get a beer, or pretend I was blowing my nose.

I also saw the original 1963 version at the cinema, IIRC.

• Like 1

My girlfriend cried at Boy in the Striped Pajamas recently, she hadn't seen it before.

I told her before hand that said boy survives.

2 minutes ago, hogso said:

My girlfriend cried at Boy in the Striped Pajamas recently, she hadn't seen it before.

I told her before hand that said boy survives.

No need to watch that one now then!

I'm not a big weeper, but some of the interviews in Band Of Brothers were pretty brutal.

Also remember a few scenes during Schindlers List that stuck by me. Especially the old man with one arm. 

I'll also add a scene that gets me without really knowinh why, it's the home coming in the Pasific, when the lads say bye on the train to Eugene Sledge walks into his parents house and his mum sees his reflection in the glass. That's quite emotional stuff. 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara

Â