Crying over a movie

villarule123

Shawshank made me a little misty, but the one film that I can recall inspiring actual teardrops was the final scene of "Cinema Paradiso". Leave it to the Italians to really make your heart ache.

There's a moment in Toy Story 3 when they are scrambling to get out of the incinerator and Buzz gives a little 'let's accept our fate with dignity' look and takes Jessie by the hand... that brought a tear to my eye! I don't know why? It's a kid's movie, pretty obvious they weren't all going to die!!

I've let the odd tear roll down my cheek at film's before. Weirdly I can't think of any of them off the top of my head.

Also weirdly, it's often the really happy moments that make me emotional.

Pretty sure The Green Mile would have made me cry if I hadn't read the book beforehand. 

50/50 got me. Eight Below as well...cannae handle a movie where animals die.

Was going to post this. For about 90% of the movie I'm fighting back the tears worried sick about the well being of those dogs!

Lord of The Rings, Return of The King.

When Frodo leaves at the end on the boat.

LOTR: Return of the King made me cry when I was still sat in the cinema desperately needing a piss watching the 5th ending scene half an hour after I was convinced it was coming to an end.

Grave Of The Fireflies.  Didn't feel right for a week after watching that.  The missus (who usually cries at the drop of a hat) shrugged the ending off with a "meh", the freaking robot.  :blink:

• Like 3

Â