Sunderland

Richard

7 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

So David Moyes has somehow been charged for that little comment.

Staggering. Have these people nothing better to do?

Perfect example of others being being offended by something that is nothing to do with them. 

He apologised to the lady in question and she accepted it. Yes, he a mong for saying it but don't think it was malicious. Just an attempt at humour from an extremely unfunny individual! 

Edited by Xela
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Xela said:

Perfect example of others being being offended by something that is nothing to do with them. 

He apologised to the lady in question and she accepted it. Yes, he a mong for saying it but don't think it was malicious. Just an attempt at humour from an extremely unfunny individual! 

I'm not sure people were offended by it, I think they thought it was offensive there is a difference. I also think people thought it was also in poor taste and borderline unpleasant which it was.

It isn't though peoples reactions that have led to him being charged, its simply the result of it being leaked and coming to the FA's attention. 

It may well be over the top but once it was in the public domain I really don't think the FA had much of a choice but to act.

17 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Sunderland are pathetic like we were last season. I think they need serious work come the summer 

Hopefully they are an easy 6 points next season.

Moyes saying he'll consider his position at end of the season.

I'm quite surprised Ellis Short has been so loyal to him this season. There are plenty of grounds for dismissal purely on results and he got rid of the likes of Poyet and Advocaat when neither had as bad a record.

Take out Defoe and Pickford and it's a terrible squad. I think they'll be fighting a relegation battle next season unless they get a change of ownership.

2 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Moyes saying he'll consider his position at end of the season.

I'm quite surprised Ellis Short has been so loyal to him this season. There are plenty of grounds for dismissal purely on results and he got rid of the likes of Poyet and Advocaat when neither had as bad a record.

Take out Defoe and Pickford and it's a terrible squad. I think they'll be fighting a relegation battle next season unless they get a change of ownership.

This is pretty disloyal of him really. Short has been clear all season that he wouldn't be sacked no matter what the results, so to relegate them and then quit would be a bit of a stab in the back. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mantis said:

Honestly, I'm shocked that they're actually going down. For years now they've always managed to fluke their way to safety in the final stretch.

There are only so many times you can flog a dead horse. We had 5 shite seasons before we went down and it's about time they went down. I can't see them coming up anytime soon either.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

This is pretty disloyal of him really. Short has been clear all season that he wouldn't be sacked no matter what the results, so to relegate them and then quit would be a bit of a stab in the back. 

Couldn't agree more. After telling me media Sunderland were in a relegations scrap so soon after taking the job, and then trying to remedy that by buying the Everton over 40's squad, Moyes is hugely culpable for their relegation imo. 

After his last couple of interviews i really think the bloke is losing the plot. I think he's pretty delusional if he thinks there will be many PL teams queuing up for him at the end of the season. 

All that said, he may feel that offering his resignation after relegation is the honourable thing to do, rather than any sense of arrogance?

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

If he walked it would be the final nail in the coffin of his managerial career

1 hour ago, av1 said:

All that said, he may feel that offering his resignation after relegation is the honourable thing to do, rather than any sense of arrogance?

I think this is probably right. While I admit that the man himself seems intent on proving this wrong, I think he's a basically decent person who does have a sense of honour and pride. All I would say is that the time to have doubts as to your ability to complete the task successfully is before the club are basically mathematically relegated. 

Not that we'd get him, but I'd take Defoe in a heart beat.  Kodjia and Defoe together would get 30+ goals easily in a season.  Pipe dream though I suppose, as Defoe will probably end up back at Wet Spam. 

They have a better squad than we did last season, the question is how many of their better players can they keep and how smart can they be in the transfer window, unlike us, who spent tens of millions on, for the most part, utter shithouses.

Â