Sunderland

Richard

2 minutes ago, sne said:

Gunning for the Gunners job? :crylaugh:

:D

I tell you what though, if the Southampton job comes up, it wouldn't surprise me to see that tube go for it.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

Anyone think that Defoe might just stay at Sunderland to avoid upsetting that sick kid he is superglued to?

Disgusting thing to say.

56 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

Anyone think that Defoe might just stay at Sunderland to avoid upsetting that sick kid he is superglued to?

Pretty daft thing to say!  I obviously don't know Defoe personally, but it is very commendable and decent of him to support a very poorly child and his family.  

3 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

Pretty daft thing to say!  I obviously don't know Defoe personally, but it is very commendable and decent of him to support a very poorly child and his family.  

maybe worded badly but that's what i was getting at. The kid is a sunderland fan, defoe is his hero, They seem to be in the papers doing something together every week, Surely Defoe moving to Bournemouth would have an impact on him/the kid and how much time they could spend together so would he stay based on this relationship?

14 hours ago, LakotaDakota said:

maybe worded badly but that's what i was getting at. The kid is a sunderland fan, defoe is his hero, They seem to be in the papers doing something together every week, Surely Defoe moving to Bournemouth would have an impact on him/the kid and how much time they could spend together so would he stay based on this relationship?

Your second attempt was much improved.

But as to your point, I doubt it.

21 hours ago, LakotaDakota said:

Surely Defoe moving to Bournemouth would have an impact on him/the kid and how much time they could spend together so would he stay based on this relationship?

Defoe has just agreed a 130k p/w 3 year deal with Bournemouth :o:o Can I have the lottery numbers?

28 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

He is 35 years old the start of next season, I know he has really looked after himself but bloody hell, there is no telling at that age when the legs might completely go. Madness.

It's a bit of madness... but that's basically £20m for 3 years of a potentially very good striker.  Worth a gamble with the amount of PL money around?  Probably.

11 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

The wages are crazy. A club like Bournemouth being able to pay anyone more than 100k boggles my mind. 

When they got promoted their turnover as a cub was £12.9m. The wage bill was £30.4m

It was promotion or oblivion. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Xela said:

When they got promoted their turnover as a cub was £12.9m. The wage bill was £30.4m

It was promotion or oblivion. 

Bloody hell that is bad, didn't realise that bad. And people say you don't buy your way out of the championship 

Former Swedish international and fan favorite at Sunderland, Stefan Schwartz has expressed his interest at managing the club.

Can't see them taking a gamble at such an inexperienced manager.

Really like him as a player and person thou. Intelligent and tough as nails.

Â