Sunderland

Richard

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

Newcastle actually seriously interested in Defoe. Could well happen if he doesn't get a decent offer from a club in the South.

Good signing for both parties really.

8 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

Of course they would. They would sell them to whoever offered the best deal, if that were Sunderland they would sell to them especially with them being in a lower division.

As for the above transfer activity... why oh why didn't one of our ex managers take all our crap for us like Moyes has done for Everton.

Maybe but if a villa came in or a sundeland for a Newcastle player they are likely to sell Tonys Tegan them I think.

i know bloody lambert why hasn't he came in for gabby yet?

10 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Maybe but if a villa came in or a sundeland for a Newcastle player they are likely to sell Tonys Tegan them I think.

I'm confused. What's a Tegan, does Tony drive one and why do we we have to buy it off Newcastle?

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I'm confused. What's a Tegan, does Tony drive one and why do we we have to buy it off Newcastle?

Tegan is a given name of Welsh origin. It is a diminutive of the Welsh word teg ("fair") and means "darling," "loved one," or "favourite,"

Tony used to drive a Ford Mondeo, so no.

We have to buy it off Newcastle, because the inventory system uses barcodes

I don't know what's so difficult to understand :P

• Like 1

Just now, villa89 said:

He has a relegation release clause, he's leaving on a free.

He's 35 early next season - it'll be interesting to see what length of contract he'll be after and who will be willing to take the gamble.

7 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

He's 35 early next season - it'll be interesting to see what length of contract he'll be after and who will be willing to take the gamble.

I reckon he'll get a 2 year deal off the back of this season (especially as no transfer fee involved) which I guess would be acceptable to him / his agent. 

Edited by Genie
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

He is on £80,000 a week with a good few years left to run. They won't be getting a penny for him.

He has a relegation release clause for free (apparently).

9 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

I'd say he will get a year with a conditional option of a 2nd year if he is going to a decent club (Liverpool or United could do with him), he will probably get 2 if he is going to a club with less sway (the likes of West Ham)

18 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

I'd say he will get a year with a conditional option of a 2nd year if he is going to a decent club (Liverpool or United could do with him), he will probably get 2 if he is going to a club with less sway (the likes of West Ham)

I think he's got two now - he'll demand a two year I think. It's going to be a £10m gamble for someone.

Just now, OutByEaster? said:

I think he's got two now - he'll demand a two year I think. It's going to be a £10m gamble for someone.

It is who blinks first though isn't it.

If Man United offer him £100k a week for a year with an option on a 2nd year is he going to turn that down for 2 years somewhere like West Ham? I can't see it myself.

Look at the money United just gave Lingard, they could give Defoe £5m a year without second thought.

Just now, OutByEaster? said:

I don't see him as good enough for United in fairness. 

He would walk into their team this season and they would have a lot more points if they had him as an option.

In fairness though they will probably spend a fortune on strikers this summer so will likely have bigger targets but I could see it happening, Fergie did it a few times with the likes of Larsson.

I see him somewhere like West Ham, Stoke or West Brom - for those teams, £10m over two years is still a lot of money for a 35 year old. This is a player that's four years older than Gabby - personally speaking I wouldn't touch him with a bargepole.

3 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I see him somewhere like West Ham, Stoke or West Brom - for those teams, £10m over two years is still a lot of money for a 35 year old. This is a player that's four years older than Gabby - personally speaking I wouldn't touch him with a bargepole.

I don't think £10m over two years is a lot of money these days to be honest. 

I was amazed Sunderland gave him a 3 and a half year deal when he signed and in first 6 months he did little there. I remember when we beat them 4-0 at SOL and Poyet was playing him wide left.

Last year though he's been exceptional in a generally hopeless team and he could still easily do a job for a team like Southampton or Bournemouth looking to take the next step into the top 8 of the league.

Â