Sunderland

Richard

14 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Was wondering who all these good young players are Czechlad is on about but remembered Watmore will be back next season and he'll be decent in championship and seems Honeyman and Gooch are highly rated.

Still can't see them anywhere near top 6 unless their are massive changes at ownership level. Even then we had them and still been in the bottom half for a fair proportion of this season.

They have Pickford but I can see him being snapped up in summer by a bigger club and placed on their bench

after that they are ****, players like Gibson, O'Shea, Djilibodji arent mid-table Championship quality

Said this in August

On 8/22/2016 at 20:00, LakotaDakota said:

Moyes is useless, Hasn't got a clue what he is doing and will be sacked before easter only this time they will not be able to get big sam to save them. Sunderland are going down this year and wouldn't be surprised if they end up somewhere around our dismal tally from last year. So glad that eybrowless old dinosaur didn't come here.

Now they have managed 3 more points than we did so far but there is still a week until easter and they have 2 games to play before then ;)

fMx2vcwKQyyFq.gif

• Like 1

its like watching us last season, the only difference is the Sunderland players look like they do care but are just crap

speaking of crap has Lescott even played for them yet

42 minutes ago, Zatman said:

its like watching us last season, the only difference is the Sunderland players look like they do care but are just crap

Awful team, hilarious how Anichebe gets a game, a striker with 38 goals in an 11 year career, what an earth is he going to offer? Also, although not playing today, Djilobodji is probably the worst centre half I've ever seen. 

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Definitely this season's villa. Deserved relegation. I think they will struggle next season in this league, worse than we have

And they'll have no money to spend either. 

3 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Djilobodji is probably the worst centre half I've ever seen.

The Fraud Squad need to be investigate his transfer. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Zatman said:

I believe he's come off the bench once, though I may be mistaken. 

That signing is - how can I put this - eyebrow-raising

9 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I believe he's come off the bench once, though I may be mistaken. 

That signing is - how can I put this - eyebrow-raising

Reminds me of when SAF signed that lad Bebe for about £9m when he was available for free about a month before.

15 hours ago, Zatman said:

Gibson, Anichebe, Pienaar, Lescott, Djilibodji

all head scratching transfers 

From memory, Anichebe played really well at some point earlier in the season - coinciding with Sunderland's best form of the season.

The other signings are unreal, though.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, PaulC said:

I think the sending off was very harsh

If he had made contact with Herrera's leg then he could have broken it.  The studs were up, he was off the ground and over the ball.  I seem to be hearing that people think it was a yellow because it didn't have disastrous consequences.  The actual consequences are irrelevant when judging a dangerous tackle..  We've been through this with the Taylor tackle.  A tackle like that is just as potentially dangerous whether it breaks a leg or not, and it should not need to break the leg to get sent off.  The red card is to discourage that type of tackle from happening in the first place, not to punish the consequences.

3 hours ago, BOF said:

If he had made contact with Herrera's leg then he could have broken it.  The studs were up, he was off the ground and over the ball.  I seem to be hearing that people think it was a yellow because it didn't have disastrous consequences.  The actual consequences are irrelevant when judging a dangerous tackle..  We've been through this with the Taylor tackle.  A tackle like that is just as potentially dangerous whether it breaks a leg or not, and it should not need to break the leg to get sent off.  The red card is to discourage that type of tackle from happening in the first place, not to punish the consequences.

yet the peoples rocket polisher Niall Quinn said it was a yellow but at time Taylor was naughty

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

yet the peoples rocket polisher Niall Quinn said it was a yellow but at time Taylor was naughty

I **** despise that spineless word removed ever since the Saipan incident and whether or not I ever forgive his role in that, it has irreversibly given me the measure of the man, and it ain't **** big.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, BOF said:

I **** despise that spineless word removed ever since the Saipan incident and whether or not I ever forgive his role in that, it has irreversibly given me the measure of the man, and it ain't **** big.

Forgive my ignorance, but what was 'the Saipan incident'? Sounds like a Graham Greene novel. 

1 minute ago, HanoiVillan said:

Forgive my ignorance, but what was 'the Saipan incident'? Sounds like a Graham Greene novel. 

Roy Keane vs Mick McCarthy at the 2002 World Cup it happened in Saipan and nearly caused a civil war in Ireland :)

• Like 1

Just now, Zatman said:

Roy Keane vs Mick McCarthy at the 2002 World Cup it happened in Saipan and nearly caused a civil war in Ireland :)

Ta. What was Niall Quinn's role? (I appreciate I should know all this, but I just don't remember very well)

Â