Sunderland

Richard

19 hours ago, BOF said:

Defoe has just agreed a 130k p/w 3 year deal with Bournemouth :o:o Can I have the lottery numbers?

That's just nuts. 

23 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

Bloody hell that is bad, didn't realise that bad. And people say you don't buy your way out of the championship 

Promotion adds about £100m to your turnover so it was worth it! 

Budgeting against future expected earnings is a risky way to operate as Leeds found out!

13 hours ago, sne said:

Former Swedish international and fan favorite at Sunderland, Stefan Schwartz has expressed his interest at managing the club.

Can't see them taking a gamble at such an inexperienced manager.

Really like him as a player and person thou. Intelligent and tough as nails.

they might be worried he leaves mid-season to go to space ; )

• Like 1

Funny thing is last time Sunderland went down they were in tatters, lost their first four games of the season, appointed a Man. United legend in their first managerial job......and won the league by 10 points.

So much to do there as their squad is terrible, not sure really who'd be right for them.

2 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Funny thing is last time Sunderland went down they were in tatters, lost their first four games of the season, appointed a Man. United legend in their first managerial job......and won the league by 10 points.

So much to do there as their squad is terrible, not sure really who'd be right for them.

except  Keane had pretty much a blank chequebook 

Seems their first choice is Derek McInnes.

He's done a good job establishing Aberdeen as the next best after Celtic but he was rubbish at Bristol City. I honestly can see Sunderland going down again, what are the relegation odds. I imagine Burton are odds on favourites to go down?

Edited by VillaChris
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Seems their first choice is Derek McInnes.

He's done a good job establishing Aberdeen as the next best after Celtic but he was rubbish at Bristol City. I honestly can see Sunderland going down again, what are the relegation odds. I imagine Burton are odds on favourites to go down?

Barnsley maybe as well. They are losing a lot of there good players this summer apparently

To be relegated

13/8 - Burton
2/1 - Barnsley
11/4 - Bolton
11/4 - Millwall
16/5 - Ipswich
5/1 - Preston
5/1 - QPR

Sunderland are joint 15th @ 16/1 and we're 23rd on 50/1 with Boro the outsiders on 60/1.

48 minutes ago, BOF said:

To be relegated

13/8 - Burton
2/1 - Barnsley
11/4 - Bolton
11/4 - Millwall
16/5 - Ipswich
5/1 - Preston
5/1 - QPR

Sunderland are joint 15th @ 16/1 and we're 23rd on 50/1 with Boro the outsiders on 60/1.

I think Barnsley will be o.k. They score goals, Heckinbottom showed he was a capable manager at this level and they have a great record of signing players from lower down the leagues and turning them into saleable assets.

Could be right on Ipswich, were dismal to watch last season and I doubt Tom Lawrence will come back. No idea what MIck is still doing there, pretty much what all their fans want him gone. If ever a club is just treading water at championship level it's them.

PNE at 5/1?! Did the bookies not actually watch them at any point last season.

No way do sunderland get relegated. They will likely keep a hold of a lot of their players. There is a major gulf in quality from playing swansea to milwall. Sunderland will be fine. 

Â