Sunderland

Richard

They forgot to include a relegation wage reduction clause in Jack Rodwell's contract so he'll be on £60K a week in the championship. Oops! Looks like Villa aren't the only club with a terrible contract negotiator.

Sunderland drop to the Championship was confirmed last month after their 1-0 defeat at home to Bournemouth.

And the Sunderland squad will suffer a 40 per cent wage-cut ahead next season due to a clause in the players' contracts - apart from midfielder Jack Rodwell.

“I believe there is one player who has not but I think the rest are," Moyes said. "I believe it is all 40 per cent.”

And when pushed if the player in question was Rodwell, Moyes added: "Yes."

The Sun claim the former Everton and Manchester City player will continue earning £60,000 a week at the Stadium of Light.

LINK

Edited by villa89

1 hour ago, sne said:

Lescott starting for Sunderland in a back 3 away to Chelsea today.

Should be fun.

What is the point in all honesty of even giving him a game?

Moyes has well and truly became an absolute joke of a man.

sunderland fans should be out partying in the street, That clown going at least gives them a chance next year.

Quite how they will manage to get rid of Everton oaps he bought is a mystery but at least they will not be buying any more now.

Anyone think that Defoe might just stay at Sunderland to avoid upsetting that sick kid he is superglued to?

Edited by LakotaDakota

Great news. 

More disarray at the club and with limited funding by a Lerner-esque owner in Ellis short, they'll have a job attracting a decent manager and new players.

arguably they're in worse condition than we were in this time last season. 

Edited by theboyangel

Short said he won't be taking compensation and that is testament to his 'character'

He quit! Why should he get anything. He's relegated you.

Clueless owner as well. 

Edited by Xela

I kinda hoped he would stay on at Sunderland as I think he's utterly hopeless and broken.

He just might have been stupid enough to buy one or more of our high paid deadbeats.

Â